Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sushi in dundalk

Options
  • 22-01-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

anyone know where i might get sushi ingredients locally. Superquinn used to stock all ingredients and paraphenalia but not anymore. last time i got it in sainsbury but even then i couldn't get the rice or wasabi paste. do any of those ethnic shops cater for it maybe? mmmmmmmm love it and saw them in a japanese restaurant in london on masterchef last week and have been craving it ever since.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I seen this thread title and thought a new sushi bar/restaurant had opened :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

oh don't tease me, wouldn't that be progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I seen this thread title and thought a new sushi bar/restaurant had opened :(

Me too! :(

Sure ya cant even get a bit of hummous in Dundalk, what hope have we of a sushi bar!!! :rolleyes:

Try out the hummous from Zest at the square. Let me know what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

hommous is very varied in taste. the only i've found that i really like is the tesco brand. but they started doing it in a much bigger tub which is invariably thrown out before it's all used. must try the one in zest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Try out the hummous from Zest at the square. Let me know what you think.

I will! do they do little tubs to take away, do ya know??

but I must warn you, I'm very fussy about hummous!!

Superquinn have tubs of stuff that is NOT great. And I saw Dunnes had tubs of the stuff but being a Dunnes brand it has, not garlic but garlic salt in it. :eek: And not sure I remember olive oil on the ingrediants list either. :(

M&S have to be the best! Otherwise I make me own but alway make way too much and eat it all anyway!!!

sudzs wrote: »
    I will! do they do little tubs to take away, do ya know??

They do if they're not sold out. Ask behind the counter if there's none in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Dunno about Dundalk but my missus is Japanese and gets all her sushi things from a Chinese supermarket in Dublin. It's on Drury Street...all sorts of weird and wonderful things there.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I don't know if it would do this kind of stuff but there's a new chinese ingredients store in Dundalk located down the alleyway there by Russells Bar/Abrakebabra

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Sushi has arrived in Dundalk if anybody's interested. Japanese woman sells sushi at Market Sq on Fridays .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Sushi has arrived in Dundalk if anybody's interested. Japanese woman sells sushi at Market Sq on Fridays .

Whoop! Get a noodle bar now and i'm laughin':D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

a mexican would be perfect now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

event wrote: »
    a mexican would be perfect now

and i though we had got over the whole El Paso thing;)

Advertisement