Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ski Clothing - What to Bring

• 22-01-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Lads, I'm a regular viewer but not a regular poster - But I’ve seen this thread a million times in the last 2 months... would it not be easier to have a sticky?

Eg.

Beginner Should Bring; .......

Intermediate Should Bring; .......

Expert should know what to bring!

For Après Ski bring etc etc...

What shops/websites to use etc etc

What to rent and what not to rent...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Spiffing idea! Powers that be, stickify this at once!!! (please and thanks!) :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is a good idea and I was thinking "Oh no, not another gear/ clothing thread" when I saw the title. ;)

So then what do begginers/ intermedates need to know about taking on their trips to the mountains or do I have to go trawling through all the previous threads and edit them all together in one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yeah on a similar line, I was thinking of sticking a links type page where we could post some Snow related sites per county or region. Where you can get lessons, rent gear, get snow reports.. That kind of thing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think we probably want a general FAQ type thing then covering the basics for complete beginnners who haven't a clue about anything snow related, other than its cold and white. Then also with a bunch of links for any online resources such as weather forecast, insurers and any real stores around Ireland or that might ship here.

Starting to cobble togther what I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

What a great idea... I've only been reading this thread a few weeks and the "What do I need" Thread was starting to annoy me already.

Good Call jameshayes

• Advertisement
Advertisement