Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from TCD for "speaking ill" of a pervert.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

this is like the fifteenth billion you've stated an opinion with no actual explanation as to why you think its unfair or anything like that on feedback.

Ooh i can count too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Degsy for Mod ' Poems of Horace and Ovid' forum.

An insight into classical Greek and Latin culture.
    I like your thinking.

Degsey's Tristia

"Degsey's Last night in TCD"

When the saddest memory comes to mind,
    of that night, my last hour in the forum,
    when I recall that night when I left so much
    so dear to me, even now tears fall from my eyes.
    The day was already here that Apex ordered
    for my departure beyond Boards.ie's furthest shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I think degsy should be allowed back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And with perfidian sadness
    He embarked on the wine dark sea
    to the shores of Carthage
    twixt the twin harpies of Scilla and Charibdis
    towards the verdant isle of Hibernia.

and ended up in Finglas:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

togster wrote: »

Lucky no one cares what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Boston wrote: »

I happen to think his opinion,misguided though it is,is very valid.
    So...ha!

You'd have a point if you weren't just an account I use to troll boards.

You'd have a point if you weren't just an account I use to troll boards.

Yes,and the Boston account is the one you use to curry favour over in TCD by prostrating yourself at Matt the Jap's shallow grave.

Good point boston.

kisses

(i am NOT hitting on boston)

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes,and the Boston account is the one you use to curry favour over in TCD by prostrating yourself at Matt the Jap's shallow grave.
    Money should go towards victims of sexual abuse in the work place.
    Yes, he invented algebra.
    When you get right down to it, matthejap was a great man, much like Charles j haughey.
    *puts on his racist hat*

fuk off back to Ireland you paddy bastard!!!!!!
    I agree that the banning is fine ( Apex is simply enforcing a warning given by another mod) but it doesn't sit right with me that people should be given a platform to make comments like you have about those that hold him in disdain, while at the same time restricting opportunity to counter those same comments. Not that it would do much good, you knew the man and you knew what he was about, you seem happy to make excuses and allowances for that based on disability and no opinion expressed here will change that.
    I'm sorry for your loss pet, I didn't mean to saying anything that would upset you as much as my comments clearly have. I understand you a Matt where very close and this is a difficult time. I suggest the chaplaincy as a safe place to turn to in your hour of need. Again I'm sorry for your loss.

Yar

• Advertisement

Yar

Cool.You just managed to stay on the right side of the law,thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He showed you how it should be done, dude :D

Cool.You just managed to stay on the right side of the law,thats all.
    What on earth makes you think he can understand sign? What on earth makes you think he's deaf? What on earth makes you think he isn't a little ****. Degsy is bang on about him, he's assaulted quiet a few people, and is a complete pervert.
    Go back to the SU hippy.
    No. The guy has been arrested for assault. He is a dangerous individual. That is a matter of fact, I'm not making them up, and I'll not pretend he's some form of foke hero on this forum. You started this thread, if you have a problem with these aspects of matt-the-jap being discussed close the thread, but don't be a bloody hypocrite about it, you've been in college long enough to know that my statement was completely accurate.
    What on earth makes you think he can understand sign? What on earth makes you think he's deaf? What on earth makes you think he isn't a little ****. Degsy is bang on about him, he's assaulted quiet a few people, and is a complete pervert.
    I've never know the little fuker to be friendly.
    No. The guy has been arrested for assault. He is a dangerous individual. That is a matter of fact, I'm not making them up, and I'll not pretend he's some form of foke hero on this forum. You started this thread, if you have a problem with these aspects of matt-the-jap being discussed close the thread, but don't be a bloody hypocrite about it, you've been in college long enough to know that my statement was completely accurate.

Additionally I had a quote somewhere stating "I wish he would fuk off and die". So, yea know degsy, this thing was hardly one sided.

Additionally I had a quote somewhere stating "I wish he would fuk off and die". So, yea know degsy, this thing was hardly one sided.

Well i said nothing that was any worse..it just so happened the little ratbag died at the time,hardly my fault and hardly up to the mods to impose a blanket ban on criticism of dead vagrant/perverts.Perhaps the mods wanted to be allowed to grieve thier loss,i wonder what down-and-out the Record will interview now he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8

For years TCD had to suffer the attentions of a dirty little man nicknamed Matt the Jap..he was NEVER anything to do with the college but used to hang around abusing and assualting staff and sexually harrassing female students.A lot o the students,knowing nothing about him seemed to hold him in some sort of esteem as a lovable rogue,a view the staff vigourously oppsed.He died in November (not in the college) and a thread was opened up in TCD,with some people saying he was a great man etc and anybody who said otherwise(myself included) being banned.Now,my problem is this:apart from hanging around the place like a bad smell,this man had NOTHING to do with the college,he also wasnt a member of boards.ie and as such was nothing more than a vagrant.Why should somebody be banned for "abuse" of a memeber of the public,dead or not?This would be akin to a banning of anybodyt who badmouthed Harold Shipman on the grounds that its not good to "speak ill of the dead".The mod in question has abused his powers for the sake of trying to appear "cool".

If one thing can be learned from this debacle, it is that Degsy and basic writting skills go out the window when he gets all agnsty and excited.

That was my first impression.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

çrash_000 wrote: »
    this is like the fifteenth billion you've stated an opinion with no actual explanation as to why you think its unfair or anything like that on feedback.

Ooh i can count too.
    Well, look at you opressing the comments of the boards member.

Help, he's being opressed.
    Come and see the violence inherent in the system.

Stop stealing my quotes. 4:1 to me terry.

You don't get it do you degsy? you didnt get banned for your opinions, you got banned for being an absolute **** to other users?

In fact, I've hit the point where I just think you're a ****ing weirdo. up til now, I thought you were a nice guy, who understandably thought Matt was a ****. SURPRISE SURPRISE, I thought the same. thought the man was a ****. Yet you can't seem to let it go, the little ****e is dead, but you have an obsession, take a deep ****ing breath, cop on, and realise that the reason that you were banned wasnt so much that you were acting a dick to a dead guy, but you were acting a dick to other users. I could care less of a **** about the little man, and what you may say about him, but i will police you getting arrogant and assholey to other posters.

Surprisingly enough, I really, REALLY thought you had a lot more cop on than this dude. I know i've levelled a fair amount of abuse about it to you in this thread, but really, wtf? You're smarter and more level headed than to get this worked up over a stupid, "mute" little idiot. what are you at?

You're oppresive crash.

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Stop stealing my quotes. 4:1 to me terry.

You don't get it do you degsy? you didnt get banned for your opinions, you got banned for being an absolute **** to other users?

In fact, I've hit the point where I just think you're a ****ing weirdo. up til now, I thought you were a nice guy, who understandably thought Matt was a ****. SURPRISE SURPRISE, I thought the same. thought the man was a ****. Yet you can't seem to let it go, the little ****e is dead, but you have an obsession, take a deep ****ing breath, cop on, and realise that the reason that you were banned wasnt so much that you were acting a dick to a dead guy, but you were acting a dick to other users. I could care less of a **** about the little man, and what you may say about him, but i will police you getting arrogant and assholey to other posters.

Surprisingly enough, I really, REALLY thought you had a lot more cop on than this dude. I know i've levelled a fair amount of abuse about it to you in this thread, but really, wtf? You're smarter and more level headed than to get this worked up over a stupid, "mute" little idiot. what are you at?

Thats a lot of stars!
    Okay,how is saying "he's dead and thats the main thing" acting the dick to other users?It doesnt relate to anybody but our friend MTJ,if the first banning was justified for "arrogance to other posters",the second doesnt relate to the same thing at all,get your story straight.I'm beginning to regret deleting your fines..

Ahem, drunken feedback post ahoy. nothing to see here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Presenting, the posts no one cares about:
    Leave Degsy Alone
    This is the second time degsy has been banned unfairly.
    You're oppresive crash.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Matt the Jap is togster's grandda, see one of my earlier comments to see togsters connection to Degsy.

Thank you.

no probs

6th wrote: »
    Matt the Jap is togster's grandda, see one of my earlier comments to see togsters connection to Degsy.

There aint no connection,apart from a mutual interest in thunderdome!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow. You just sound like a small person who is gloating over another person's death.

You didn't like him, we get it.

Ban seems reasonable to slap you out of simply saying the same thing with more vitriol. Nothing to see here.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement