Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food in Trim?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

What's the new(ish) Italian place like? Haven't been yet, not sure of the name, opposite Trim castle hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

bandit! wrote: »
    So how many shares in Khans Spices do you own!? ok there food is good but get a life.

I just had a family meal in Khan Spices a few weeks back and I have to say the service and food was superb! Twas one of the best Indian meals I've had in a long time.

Highly recommended.

PS I have no connection or shares with the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trimeath

upmeath wrote: »
    Castle chipper, battered sausage, drowned in vinegar!

Damn right, clog up those arteries!

There new sit though is crap, its a chipper on a plate. Not the same as straight from the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

spadder wrote: »
    What's the new(ish) Italian place like? Haven't been yet, not sure of the name, opposite Trim castle hotel.

La Scala? It's grand, I've been there once, quite nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ah yes, the Boardsmill. 6 inches of pork offal stuffed with onions, drenched in ketchup and draped in greasy batter.

Apparently a well known natural organic cure for a hangover....at least according to my duaghter:)

• Advertisement

Apparently a well known natural organic cure for a hangover....at least according to my duaghter:)

Depending on your definition of natural organic :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Depending on your definition of natural organic :D

After a feed of drink who cares. It will taste like a gourmet meal and you'll fall across the counter telling the girl who just served you "it's the nishest feckin fooood I ever tashsted an I luv you for ever an ever":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oslosinclair

If you're looking for something to do in Trim on the July 4th weekend you should check out www.trimswiftfestival.com

Lots of stuff going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Soodlebum wrote: »
    But for the authentic Trim epicurean treat - the Castle Chippers, and the Boardsmill. Cannot be bet. Believe me!!!!

Is the Boardsmill not a speciality of the Hot'n'Tender, seeing as its beside Keily's and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oslosinclair

Is the Boardsmill not a speciality of the Hot'n'Tender, seeing as its beside Keily's and all?

it's a battered sausage with mayo and onyans down the middle

• Advertisement

No, despite Kielys being the Boardsmill pub, its served in the Castle Takeaway and Porta Via too. Chip shops in Athboy and Summerhill will also dish one up for you if you ask nicely without brandishing a hurl. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trimnmeath

If You Are Lookin For A restaurant ,well then i have to recommendend - La Scala italian restaurant across from Trim Castle Hotal,fineggans way. i LOVE this place , food always excellant ,service is great and always very friendly have never complained an never heard anyone complainin so highly recommendend!

But if you jus want a quick take-away well then you have to go too the Castle Take-away..best chipper ever.. pizza lovely, chips great with a lovely southern fried chicken drenched with their homemade vinegar...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 trimnmeath

no its a speciality from castle chipper wen the owner came up wit it around10yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Hot and tender is real good infact to good, Marigold is also lovely after a few pints and they deliver real late 2 in the morning, Apachi is also nice and great deals to be had. Not really a sit down man.. Though there's no beating the boardsmill...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Got a take away from the chinese on Haggard st tonight. Santosa, I think it's called now
    Hadn't got one from there since it was "busaba". Very good. Lots of fresh veg and proper chillies and spices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

trimnmeath wrote: »
    If You Are Lookin For A restaurant ,well then i have to recommendend - La Scala italian restaurant across from Trim Castle Hotal,fineggans way. i LOVE this place , food always excellant ,service is great and always very friendly have never complained an never heard anyone complainin so highly recommendend!

But if you jus want a quick take-away well then you have to go too the Castle Take-away..best chipper ever.. pizza lovely, chips great with a lovely southern fried chicken drenched with their homemade vinegar...:D

same owners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

trimnmeath wrote: »

jimd2 wrote: »
    Our family didnot like the Indian on Haggard St either.

There is a new Indian on Emmet St. and I had a takeaway and also had a sit down meal there last weekend and it was EXCELLENT. It is seemingly run by the same people as Gaylord in Navan.

very nice indian food and great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

have to say we werent too happy with La Scala when we went in recently. it was 2 hours before we got our main course and there only appeared to be 2 or 3 waiters on the night of a full house. Nice people though so it was a pity, as we were there last year and liked it. also one of our group got a 'rack' of lamb which was some spindly bones and a bit of meat, some potatoes no veg for €22 :eek:. didnt have dessert as it was half an hour before someone came to take our order and by then the lads just wanted pints!

Did anyone hear if Francinis is closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Bump bump buuuump....
    Anywhere I could get a PDF menu for castle/hot n tender?? (Or anything I can check from home.)

Advertisement