Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcat seeking Piercing Apprentice

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi

We are searching for the right person to take up an piercing apprenticeship in our St Stephens Green branch of Wildcat in Dublin. We are looking for a dedicated individual with good punctuality and a thirst for knowledge. The right candidate should have a high standard of cleanliness, the confidence to deal with customers and live within reasonable travelling distance of the city centre. No rock stars or drama queens please, we are looking for genuine people only.

If you think you have what it takes to become a proffessional piercer please contact the studio with a copy of your C.V. and details of your relevant experience (eg. languages, health and safety courses, vacinations you may already have etc). We would also like you to include a section detailing your hobbies and interests and why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position.

The apprenticeship will be unpaid and the duration will depend on your ability to learn. It will include all areas of piercing from sterilisation and cross contamination to jewellery sizing, cleaning and piercing, so don't worry if you haven't had any previous experience in a studio, you will still be considered.
    The first 2 months of the apprenticship will be a trial period to see if the chosen candidate is able to work to the high standards expected in our studio.

Please email submissions to south@wildcat.ie or post your submission to:

Wildcat
    C/o Cheryl/Ning
    Second Floor
    St Stephens Green Shopping Centre
    Dublin 2
    Ireland.

Thanks and good luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Is it a full time apprenticeship or is there an option to do it part time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Person

Hi again,

Just a couple of things I forgot to mention. Applications should be received by March 1st, successful candidates will be called for an interview mid march. The apprenticeship will commence at the begining of April.

We would prefer a full time apprentice but if you are the best candidate for the job then we are willing to make the position part time. This will however lengthen the duration of the apprenticeship. Obviously you will be expected to work on the same days as the piercer that will be training you, so you will need to be fairly flexible.

Thanks!

BTW if you have any questions or you need any further information you can email me directly at cheryl@wildcat.ie

Thanks for your interest!

just sending this back to the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i do believe the correct phrase is...

*bump*

that and...

'yes, of course narco, here, have another bottle of JD, i see you're running low.'.

either or.

• Advertisement

ok so anyone else apply for this? i doubt im the only one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Wilburt wrote: »
    ok so anyone else apply for this? i doubt im the only one :)

While not a regular on the this forum, and only recently inked and pierced, I'm applying for it tomorrow. Interest, thirst for knowledge, ability to learn and work in a busy environment? Check. Artistic ability? Not top notch, but in a design course at the minute and it's coming on quicker than I expected. Living in and around city centre now aswell.

Good luck with it Wilburt and anyone else who's applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I am sorely tempted, but I don't think I could afford to move to Dublin :)

that confident eh? :)

yup anywho good luck to all, wont find out for a while though for the interviews, theyre not till march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Haha well you know what I mean! ;)

Good luck to everyone who applied!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Id nearly apply just because Id get to look at cheryl everyday, thats one hot hot piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I'd love to do it but the financial part of it isn't workable at the moment :(

xtruthx

Sean7, Thats kinda scary man! :eek:
    I want an apprentice not a sexual deviant, I don't think my customers would be impressed with a needle in the eye coz you are too busy looking at me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Hey,

I'd love to give this a shot. I know you said the duration depends on the persons ability but is there a rough time frame of how long it could take?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I want an apprentice not a sexual deviant, I don't think my customers would be impressed with a needle in the eye coz you are too busy looking at me!
    :D Boards.ie - Now ye're stalkin'

haha, best of luck everyone who applied..but im possibly throwing more luck to some people than others...

*shifty eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i havent been on in ages,definitely applying during the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Just as a matter of interest, if your doing an unpaid apprenticeship can you sign on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

:D Boards.ie - Now ye're stalkin'
    And she was wondering who that guy who was always getting the window all fogged up in one spot was...mystery solved:D

How come you changed your name narco? Trying to confuse us?:confused:

sorry, not too fond of being called narco all the time, my original sign up name was too long and boards wouldn't accept it. wanted to change it to 'ni', but was already taken.

this way i can support the boosh forum, and pick a cool name all at once. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Right, won't apply then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Interesting stuff....

Hi people,

Theres only 10 days left to get your applications in!

Remember you need to send in a covering letter as well as your CV. Anyone else wishing to apply should get their applications in before March 1st.

Good luck to you all!

a cover letter too, thanks for the heads up. back to the drawing board.

good luck to all who've applied, im out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Wilburt wrote: »
    a cover letter too, thanks for the heads up. back to the drawing board.

good luck to all who've applied, im out

All because of a cover letter??!

I pretty much doubt that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got an interview!im so excited:D

Ok, the first lot of applicants have been sifted through, some of you may have been called for an interview, unfortunately we can't interview everyone, so my appologies to those who have been notified that were not successful this time, you can always try again the next time we advertise.

BUT if you haven't applied yet it's not too late, the closing date for applications is March 1st. If you still want to apply do it!

When the advert went on boards and then on phantom, we did get a large number of applicants. We did not disguard applications just because there was no covering letter, we have given a fair chance to all that applied and you may request feedback from us as to why you weren't successful. For some applications it was as simple as no date of birth or no job experience included, and with so many applicants we have to resign ourselves to cutting some people who failed to provided basic information. If you want a detailed account of your feedback just contact us.

Congratulations to those selected so far and good luck to those who are still to apply.

Ok closing date has gone now so thanks to all who applied, If you weren't successful this time keep your eyes on the forum, we may be looking for apprentices again and if we are we will post it on boards.

Many Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good luck to everyone/anyone that applied :)

Advertisement