Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car is always switching off/ cutting out

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I got it serviced there a few months back and it only really started getting bad then. Before that it only happened on a cold morning and all you needed to do was give her abit of extra throttle until she warmed up abit.

She is still grand now when she warms up but you could be driving along and start slowing down and it will cut out when the revs are low. It's very annoying. It's also always bad when you are starting it up first. You always have to give it extra throttle to keep it lit.

Just to reiterate I never have this problem at all once the car is warmed up.

I think it has got considerably worse in the last few days. As I'm sure you assumed it's old (94) but a fantastic japanese runner (Nissan Sunny) with low mileage for a 94.

It's just feels like the idle needs to be set higher or something but then again could it be something small like a distributor cap needing replacing. The mechanic is sound and I think it's just a coninsidence that it started getting worse since he serviced it.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to all insights. (if any :o )

Advertisement