Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orton Vs. Hardy, HHH (RAW spoiler)

• 22-01-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Well I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed after watching RAW last night. After all we've seen over the last few weeks (Jeff's corkscrew off the cage and his swanton off the scaffold) you would think that they would have made the WWE title match at the rumble a speciality match: A ladder match, a cage match, a hardcore match....something!. It just doesn't make sense to me that after all thats happened, that the match between the two of them is a regular, full rules match. Im hoping this changes either on WWE.com or at the PPV itself.

Also after watching RAW, I think its pretty obvious who's gonna be winning the rumble this year: HHH. From what I've seen (bearing in mind that I dont watch SD or ECW) he's the only one thats getting any hype about the match. It makes the whole event less exciting. Im hoping im pleasantly surprised and Flair wins it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Flair isn't in the rumble match, he's fighting MVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

ShaneU wrote: »
    Flair isn't in the rumble match, he's fighting MVP

He could do a double duty, its been done before but probably unlikely. There are still nine spots left in the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

well snitsky and mark henry for sure won't be winning the rumble. Triple h made both "monsters" :rolleyes: look like chumps last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Definitely gonna be won by HHH.
    As for Orton and Hardy, I don't really care what sort of matc it is, as long as it's a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The build-up to Jeff vs Orton has been real good, I'd have been disappointed if they made it a gimmick match at this stage. Neither of them need to rely on a ladder or a cage to have a good match and I think it would take away from what they're doing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

^^^

Total agreement. The Jeff/Orton stuff on Raw this week i thought has been perfect in closing the deal in terms of selling the PPV. I cannot wait for the match now. Booking a stip would have been a terrible thing to do, as the match has sold itself on the back of good booking, revolving around a fresh babyface, who is extremely over. It would have compromised rematch potential to do a gimmick at this stage.

I'm not entirely sure about HHH. If Jeff was to win the title, and Hunter turned heel to face him at Mania, id be fine with it. But i don't especially want to see Orton frozen out of the Mania title match, nor do i think the WWE will at this stage revert back to HHH/Orton. If they do, it's just really, really dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Sad is the day when we can't expect a good match because there is no gimmick.

Just them wrestle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Up to last week the plan was for the undertaker to win the rumble.
    Dont think this has changed as yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

^ It's not 2007 anymore buddy.

I really can't see them letting Triple H win the Rumble. I mean, what in all honesty would that achieve. It would suck to high heavens. If he does win, let him lose to Punk at WM and stick HHH out of our line of vision on EcW for the forseeable future :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote: »

I really can't see them letting Triple H win the Rumble. I mean, what in all honesty would that achieve. It would suck to high heavens. If he does win, let him lose to Punk at WM and stick HHH out of our line of vision on EcW for the forseeable future :p

Triple H will either win it or he'll win the Elimination thing at No Way Out that's been rumoured. One way or another, if he's not in the Raw main event come 'mania, I'll be astounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Thats why Mania is gonna suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Back to the Orton/Jeff match at the Rumble. The reason why I think that it should be a stipulation match is because the booking in the last few weeks has focused on how Hardy will go to any lengths to beat Orton and how Orton is almost afraid of how far Hardy would be willing to go in order to capture the gold. So a ladder match or something along the lines would fit this equation. Don't get me wrong, Orton V. Hardy would be an extraordinary match without having a stipulation but we could see that match any week on RAW. We've seen some special things leading up to this match and for me they just tease that some really special things could possibly happen at the PPV.

I still think that HHH is going to win the rumble and then face the winner of the WWE title elimination chamber match at no way out. I just can't picture anyone else winning it as crap as it is for him to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Triple H will either win it or he'll win the Elimination thing at No Way Out that's been rumoured. One way or another, if he's not in the Raw main event come 'mania, I'll be astounded.

I totally agree

I still think that HHH is going to win the rumble and then face the winner of the WWE title elimination chamber match at no way out. I just can't picture anyone else winning it as crap as it is for him to win it.

The rumour was that the Elimination Chamber match will decide the number one contender for one of the titles (whichever show the Rumble winner isn't on), and not be a title match itself

I'd say it's a safe assumption that HHH is winning one and the Undertaker is winning the other

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Fozzy wrote: »
    The build-up to Jeff vs Orton has been real good, I'd have been disappointed if they made it a gimmick match at this stage. Neither of them need to rely on a ladder or a cage to have a good match and I think it would take away from what they're doing

what piss's me off is orton always cheating, if it was a ladder match or a no hold bars match orton wouldn't be able to cheat!! you can tell whats going to happen, orton will wriggle his ay out of this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Gimmick matches dont get me wrong are good, can be the best. However i want jeff to get 2 PPV title shots out of this push, and with a good solid singles match at the rumble i can see a ladder or some gimmick match coming at no way out. Until WM whos goigg to take Orton on for the title besides Jeff? ... personally id love to see Ric Flair do it and win but its not going to happen :(

This run is key for Jeff, its been built up in such a way that its going to push jeff into the main title picture or at least the top tier of wreslters on Raw for a few months. My prediction RR- Singles lose, No way out- Gimmick and he'll still lose.

P.S Anyone esle really irritated by the lack of any push for flair with his last run ? . MVP ?! hes getting better ? but i wanna see Flair feuding with someone on Raw or in the title picture,

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^^ I agree. I think the fitting way to end Flairs career would be for him to win the rumble thus suspending the retirement stipulation until his main event match at mania against HHH, the winner of the elimination chamber match which could be for the WWE title. He would lose the match against trips but what a way to go out and what an end to mania that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

This is the first time in years that I'm looking forward to a title match more so than the rumble itself.

2 months ago I would have been against Jeff winning the title at the Rumble, but since his mega-push I have become a beliver. I can buy Jeff as a world champion, anyone who still thinks otherwise needs to look at his recent series with Umaga... although saying that, last year I REALLY wanted Umaga to take the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I also like the way the title feud is being built but I can't stomach this Triple H push. It pisses me off to see someone with such a clear and obvious agenda going ahead with it.

His comedy routines are f*cking desperate. If he's the guy the WWE are planning to build their future around then the future looks pretty grim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If the following does not happen I will eat my hat...

Taker to win the rumble to face Edge at WM 24
    HHH to win the Elimination Chamber to face Orton at WM24
    Both win the title WM24

It's a shame because I cannot remember a title match with a better build up than Orton/Hardy in the last 3-4 years. My interest in WWE has waned recently, but I cannot wait for this one...there isn't a hope that Hardy is winning this (unfortunately) but should be a great match none-the-less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would have thought that the primary reason it has had such a good build up is that the spacing between the PPVs is so much bigger than normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If the following does not happen I will eat my hat...

Taker to win the rumble to face Edge at WM 24
    HHH to win the Elimination Chamber to face Orton at WM24
    Both win the title WM24

It's a shame because I cannot remember a title match with a better build up than Orton/Hardy in the last 3-4 years. My interest in WWE has waned recently, but I cannot wait for this one...there isn't a hope that Hardy is winning this (unfortunately) but should be a great match none-the-less.

I dont think there isn't a hope of Hardy winning it. I mean we still have No Way Out to come if they want to switch it back. I actually belive Hardy winning at the Rumble, and losing it back to Orton an No Way Out. Then Hardy will go on to win the Money in the Bank match at wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was going to say that WWE wouldn't devalue the WWE title by allowing it to changes hands 3 times in 3 months (Orton->Hardy->Orton->HHH)...but then I remember No Mercy 2007 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,488 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

no hope of Hardy winning it, much as I would like him to. I don't think they are aiming for anything other then HHH vs Orton and WM. Orton will lose it at WM, and will fued with Cena after it.

A glimmer of hope maybe for Hardy:

Thursday's wrestling observer update:

--There is an interview with Jeff Hardy at www.thesun.co.uk, saying it's nerve wracking going into the biggest match of his career on Sunday. He hopes to win.

An interesting note is that both John Cena and Mick Foley told The Sun that they think the company would be dropping the ball if Hardy doesn't go over because of all his momentum.

They aren't the only ones in the company who feel that way. What was once a sure thing as far as the result goes may not be.

I also like the way the title feud is being built but I can't stomach this Triple H push. It pisses me off to see someone with such a clear and obvious agenda going ahead with it.

It's been almost two years since he's been in a title feud! Excluding the 2 hours that he held the belt last year. I'm just glad that he's managed to stay out of the title picture for that long

I could easily see HHH not being in the main event at WM this year now. It'd give him a reason to hog the title scene for the rest of the year

I could easily see HHH not being in the main event at WM this year now.

I can't. When was the last time, that Triple H was injury free, that he wasn't in a Raw title match at Wrestlemania (which I would consider a main event spot)?

I think it goes back to Wrestlemania 17. And there's no Rock versus Austin type match on the horizon this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's been almost two years since he's been in a title feud! Excluding the 2 hours that he held the belt last year. I'm just glad that he's managed to stay out of the title picture for that long

Why exclude the 2 hours? Let's not forget that it was his ELEVENTH title win.

And we all know that had it not been for the quad injury last year he was going to be involved at WM23 against Cena instead of Michaels and who knows, might have even won it.

He f*cked Edge out of a WM title match in 2006 and I really wouldn't put it past him doing it to Jeff in 2008.

Advertisement