Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue piercing

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

i want to get my tongue pierced when i get the braces off maybe six months away, can any on recomend a good place to go iv heard some awful stories bout some places in town, somewhere in dublin is where im looking for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Any of the following are good;
    Wildcat in Stephens green or near jervis,
    Bodyshock in temple bar,
    V piercing in Inkwell Tattoo by the four courts,
    Snakebite across the way from arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 haff

I got mine done in Snakebite years ago, never had any trouble with it and their aftercare was great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I'd go with Snakebite... I've had good experiences there with other piercings, and everyone in there knows what they're talking about and decent people as well.

Just remember with a tongue, the aftercare that you do is just as vital to a successful piercing as going to a reputable piercer. They'll go through it all with you anyway.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

These are two I'd recommend as well;
    Wilburt wrote: »
    Any of the following are good;
    V piercing in Inkwell Tattoo by the four courts,
    Snakebite across the way from arnotts.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

snakebite

get all work done there wouldn't go anywhere else! gotta look after the tongue though as well as go to good piercer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i was with you on that one, til Vpiercings opened. i'd trust mark just as much as i'd trust steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 liljenny

thanks for all the info! whats the best way to look after my tongue when i get it done should i avoid any foods or drinks in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dont drink smoke or kiss etc.
    easily edible food etc. just be smart
    the places we pointed you towards will give you aftercare advice also

coolie thanks

no sugar, no dairy, no hard food, easy chew stuff...the good places will give you the proper aftercare info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Le Rack wrote: »
    no sugar, no dairy, no hard food, easy chew stuff...the good places will give you the proper aftercare info

Really? I lived on ice-cream and mashed potato for the duration of my tongue being swollen. Ah well.

yeah, dairy is bacteria, that's how it's made, stickin a load of it in yer mouth with an open wound can lead to mucho infection! :D plus it makes yer bottom ball all crusty...the calcite gets all stuck n stuff...

yeah, dairy is bacteria, that's how it's made, stickin a load of it in yer mouth with an open wound can lead to mucho infection! :D plus it makes yer bottom ball all crusty...the calcite gets all stuck n stuff...

I guess I was lucky so. My balls are all smooth and shiny still. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oooh! i see what ya did there :P

Soundman wrote: »
    I guess I was lucky so. My balls are all smooth and shiny still. :D
    even the bottom one?! EVEN the BOTTOM one?! :D

even the bottom one?! EVEN the BOTTOM one?! :D

Yup. BOTH my balls! :D

Soundman wrote: »
    Yup. BOTH my balls! :D
    interestink....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

OP, you said that you have braces atm. Do you know if you'll have to wear a retainer when you get them off? If you have to wear one, it may preclude the possibility of getting your tongue pierced. I very nearly got my tongue pierced 4 years ago, but since then I've had braces and now part-time wear a retainer; I've realised that having a barbell in my mouth 24/7 would be a near impossibility (or maybe this is just me - I'd want a pretty large-gauge pierceing). Also, there's a certain amount of adjustment you'll go through when you get your braces off - you'll need to get used to how your mouth feels afterwards. Think about it - your teeth may be more important than that hole in your tongue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i got my tongue pierced when i had braces and i was fine and it dosn't make a difference to the retainer, but it may have just been me. some dentists may freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I too wear a retainer but my orthodontist dismissed me about 2 years ago. I have an 8g/3.2mm tongue piercing (not that it makes a difference really, the balls are the same size as your average 14g/1.6mm tongue piercing...) and it doesn't affect the retainer but I avoided wearing it too much while the long bar was in.

Your orthodontist might not be too happy though, I waited til mine was pretty much finished with me...

• Advertisement

yeah my dentist and doctor were twats about my bar, said my mouth was a harbour for disease, and no surgeon would take out my tonsils knowing I had it etc, but thast has since been proved wrong...

so even after the braces and retainer are finished i shouldnt get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I never said don't get it done. Talk to your piercer and your orthodontist, and ask for their opinions on the matter. You may be able to get balls made of a material that won't upset your retainer, or you may get it pierced further back in th mouth so as there won't be much contact between the two. I'd wait at least until you have the retainer.

Advertisement