Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on Mortgage Brokers Vs Banks

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

HI just wondering if anyone has any advice on Mortgage Brokers are they really worth going to or would I be better dealing with a bank directly.

Does anyone have any experiences of dealing with the Brokers, id be interested to hear any good or bad experiences, particulary if there is any I should stay clear of.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

A broker will take your details and get quotes/amounts from circa 10 different lending institutions. [For example, the broker I use goes to 11 different places, and I got approvals for very different amounts, some much more than others [some with great interest rates and some with crappy rates.]

Brokers should be free, as they get a very nice commission if you sign up through them.

If you go to a bank you just have that one bank. On the other hand, a few of the banks wont deal with brokers..

IMHO people are insane if they DONT go with a broker - but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have to agree.

I went with a broker who got me a number of quotes and offers. They had a list of the banks they deal with (all the major ones covered).

Very friendly, reliable and made it all so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sunfowers

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Make sure that you go to a broker who uses all financial institutions and that they give you a copy of all rates offered - some financial institutions offer better commissions to brokers so they might encourage you to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

are there any brokers that people would recommend?

• Advertisement
Advertisement