Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehoming a Horse

Options
  • 22-01-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Im expecting a visit from the ISPCA 'homecheck' officer tomorrow to see if i would be a suitable candidate to rehome a horse from them. Anyone know what i should expect? Im a little worried as Ben and his field are mud soaked and sodden looking at the moment due to the crap weather. Would this be held against me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Visit went great, she said she was 100% happy with homecheck - no issues at all :)

Have to go to ISPCA centre next week to meet the few horses/ponies that she has in mind for me so hopefully that will go well. By the sounds of it she has a shetland pony that would be ideal and he sounds gorgeous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

What a good idea! Glad to hear the homecheck went well. A shetland sounds ideal. Hardy little beggars so they are... (although I suppose laminitis would be something to watch out for with them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Ya she said you'd have to watch for laminitis alright but i have to keep ben on a bladeless soil paddock during the summer anyway so the little fella would be in with him. Cant wait to see him, will take photos when im over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh do... we love photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fayeanna

Can anybody tell me where i can get help to rehome two horses. I no longer have time to look after them and would be willing to give them to someone who will take care of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭buckshotbrolan

fayeanna wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where i can get help to rehome two horses. I no longer have time to look after them and would be willing to give them to someone who will take care of them.

Just wondering what kind of horses they are (height, age, sex, etc) and where abouts you are? Thanks

Advertisement