Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Semi-Final Leg 2 - Spurs vs Arsenal

• 22-01-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal squad to face Tottenham:

2 Abou DIABY
    3 Bacary SAGNA
    4 Cesc FABREGAS
    9 EDUARDO
    10 William GALLAS
    13 Alexander HLEB
    15 DENILSON
    16 Mathieu FLAMINI
    19 GILBERTO
    21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
    25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
    26 Nicklas BENDTNER
    30 Armand TRAORE
    31 Justin HOYTE
    32 Theo WALCOTT
    40 Vito MANNONE (GK)

Spurs News
    Steed Malbranque comes back into the reckoning for Tuesday night's Carling Cup semi-final, second leg against Arsenal at the Lane.The midfielder was suspended for Saturday's 2-0 win against Sunderland after accumulating five yellow cards.Darren Bent's knee problem is improving but he's not yet ready to return. "Darren's training again and worked well on Monday," reported coach Gus Poyet. "It was a medial ligament problem, so you have to be careful with the recovery. He's very close but not quite ready yet." Longer-term injuries Gareth Bale (foot), Anthony Gardner (ankle) and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) remain out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I really hope spurs win here and everton tomorrow.

Be refreshing to see a different final.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty decent Arsenal squad, still think Spurs will win though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh quite a solid Arsenal team, gona be a great match, really looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 spurs no idea who scored just turned it on and BBC being slow.

edit jenas

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Spurs 1 up already, what a start!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Could someone please remind me what the score was in the first leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

1-1 and jenas scored again.
    Spurs 'should' win, but in no way do i see this squad as a 'second' team.
    This arsenal team would beat 3/4 of the premier league and draw against the others on their day. Ive made the mistake of thinking it would be an 'easy' win before, and been very disappointed. :)
    good footballing team, I just hope they dont do it to spurs today :)

Archimedes wrote: »
    Could someone please remind me what the score was in the first leg?

1-1

kdjac

Cheers fellas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

2-0 OG Bentner...

• Advertisement

Arsenal now need 3, yes?

Edit: My bad, they need 2. Thread title lead me to believe this was at the Emirates...

should be 3 :eek:

Berb off the post.

decent game tbh wasnt expecting it be good.

kdjac

No... I don't think the Carling Cup Semis don't run on away goals.

Arsenal now need 3, yes?

Edit: My bad, they need 2. Thread title lead me to believe this was at the Emirates...

:confused:

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Nailz wrote: »
    No... I don't think the Carling Cup Semis don't run on away goals.

after ET they do

Yeah I know, but we're never goin' to see penalties now! That rule is gay!

3-0 Keane!

game over 3-0

county wrote: »
    game over 3-0

aww dont say that theres **** all else on tv.

kdjac

Yep, Desprate Housewives will be on on RTE tonight at 10 if you wanna watch?!? ;)

• Advertisement

4-0

still not game over :p

kdjac

4-0 Unbe-fuckin'-lieveble!

bit of a spanking all right for the gunners

4-1 adebayor with a nice finish.

the comeback is on, extra time come on :D

kdjac

4-1, your Togo stikers' name in which I can't spell...

come back anyone?4-1

Well if Leeds can score 4 goals in 15 minutes last season, The Arse can score 3 in 20... I hope not! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I can't believe this, when i checked the score i thought the BBC website was hacked!!

great for Spurs !!!

Well if it was hacked the Spurs fan who done it would look like some fuckin' eejit if they came back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

crisis

crisis

big time only conceded 1 goal in 80 minutes of play, spurs players will be calling themselves defenders now!!!!!!

kdjac

Gallas and Bendtner going head to head! :D

5-1:eek:

They are celebrating as if they won the Champions League, if that was United they'd celebrate as if they won an unimportant (don't get me wrong they are, just nothing to do with winning it)Premier League fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I really really enjoyed that game, especially as I was watching it next to a die hard Arsenal fan :)

How can you criticise Spurs for celebrating like they won the CL, it's an amazing achievement to get to the League Cup final this year.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

My only morsel of pleasure from that was texting WhiteWashMan (who wasn't able to catch the game) to tell him that Arsenal had pulled it back to 4-4... that was before the fifth goal.

The back 5 plus Gilberto were unbelievably bad tonight. Fair play to Spurs, they were much more clinical than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great game by Spurs its a pity Arsenal didn't play their full strength team, could have been a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's hoping their confidence takes a bit of a hit after this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Here's hoping their confidence takes a bit of a hit after this :D

Keep dreaming, we'll be back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

They are celebrating as if they won the Champions League, if that was United they'd celebrate as if they won an unimportant (don't get me wrong they are, just nothing to do with winning it)Premier League fixture.

They've just walloped their greatest rivals in the semi-final of a cup after not beating them for 9 years. Whats wrong with them celebrating?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    They've just walloped their greatest rivals in the semi-final of a cup after not beating them for 9 years. Whats wrong with them celebrating?

True they will be crying in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lets just put this into context here; United have won a lot more than Spurs in the last few years, they're fully entitled to celebrate it - huge win over the old enemy, thrashing them 5-1 and they're in a Cup final for the first time in god knows how many years. Go figure.

Fair play to the Tiny Tots ;) fully deserved, they actually look like a decent side! The way they hunted down Arsenal when they weren't in possession was very impressive and shock horror, they actually put a good defensive performance together. And that was a very decent Arsenal side out tonight. Missing only really Almunia, Rosicky, Toure and Clichy (Bar the subs that came on)

As for Arsenal, I'm becoming doubtful that Walcott will actually make it, he looked lost tonight. And my impression of Nick Bendtner has fallen hugely, he gave up for a finish, Gallas was fully right to bollock him, might cop him on a bit. The defence is very worrying considering only Gael Clichy was missing out of the choice of fit players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mikeB, I hate you :)

You have no idea the sense of disappointment and sheer apathy that went through me when Pepe texted me to say it was 4-4.

Great to see us in a final for the first time since 99 i think. I think spurs have every right to celebrate. a win over arsenal and afinals appearance looming, and a squad that at last has the ability and the man with tactical nouse.

i dont care what anyone says, it was a strong arsenal side that played this evening, not their best, but still strong. a team that has beaten blackburn and newcastle on route.

veryvery pleased :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Absolutely thrilled, going to the game on Sunday in OT - hopefully this will give us enough confidence to win :P Was one of 2 spurs fans in my pub tonight, never happier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

mikeB, I hate you :)

You have no idea the sense of disappointment and sheer apathy that went through me when Pepe texted me to say it was 4-4.

Great to see us in a final for the first time since 99 i think.
    I think spurs have every right to celebrate. a win over arsenal and afinals appearance looming, and a squad that at last has the ability and the man with tactical nouse.

i dont care what anyone says, it was a strong arsenal side that played this evening, not their best, but still strong. a team that has beaten blackburn and newcastle on route.

veryvery pleased :)

We played Blackburn in the CC final in 2003 I think.

Spurs fans deserve a round of applause tonight. The noise even over the television was phenomenal. A real 12th man....even Merson acknowledged it:eek:

As for your point about it being a strong squad, the value of Arsenals players tonight was 150 million and they played 12 full internationals.

Babybing wrote: »
    As for your point about it being a strong squad, the value of Arsenals players tonight was 150 million and they played 12 full internationals.

How do you arrive at that figure.

To echo OPENROAD, I'm very intrigued to find out how you arrived at that figure Babybing?

Arsenals First Team normally would be;
    Almunia
    Clichy
    Gallas
    Toure
    Sagna
    Hleb
    Flamini
    Fabregas
    Rosicky
    Adebayor
    Van Persie

Tonight, Almunia, Clichy, Toure, Flamini, Rosicky and Van Persie were missing, thats 6 out of 11 first teamers and Fabregas and Adebayor only came on as subs so a quick flick of my calculator reveals that Arsenal had 55% of the first team missing. Just over half. Anyway, this is far too petty tbh and I don't know why I bothered. Fair play to Spurs, good performance, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Congrats Spurs.

It doesnt happen alot, but you got a great win against the enemy :)

I think he may have meant 15 million? Maybe Im wrong...

But Spurs can celebrate as much as they want. Arsenal did the same thing when they drew with United at the Emirates earlier this season.

I think he may have meant 15 million? Maybe Im wrong...

But Spurs can celebrate as much as they want. Arsenal did the same thing when they drew with United at the Emirates earlier this season.

I think there could be an opening for an Angling Shop around these parts. There's certainly plenty of bait to be had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement