Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd playback in WMP11.

• 22-01-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Ok I relise that there has to be a simple answer to this question, but for the life of me I can't find how to get WMP11 to play dvds that fill the screen !! I can do it fine in nero and all other players but not in WMP11 :confused:

I've tried searching for ascpect ratio settings etc on the web but can't get any answer.

Can anyone point me to the area in WMP11 where I can alter these settings

Thanks a heap ! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Windows media player is pritty useless at DVD playback, do you need to use it? Usually right clicking the movie and clicking full screen works, if no dvd plays at all you have no dvd decoder in the system... VLC players a decent enough DVD player that works straight forward, and its free

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

yoyo wrote: »
    Usually right clicking the movie and clicking full screen works,
    Nick

Thanks Yoyo, but I've tried that and the short cut to get the full screen mode but even then the dvd only fills a small proportion at the centre of the screen surrounded by the black bars that usualy only appear at the top and bottom on any other player.

I don't have to use WMP11 for playback its just annoying is all ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You have to right click the dvd playing, click video size menu and "Stretch to screen", WMP has a habbit of playing dvds back at native res and not streatching em, if that is ticked you'll need to untick it and then tick it again for it to stretch, tedious i know but I think its a bug, even seen the issiue on vistas media player its prob version 11 aswell

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

yoyo wrote: »
    You have to right click the dvd playing, click video size menu and "Stretch to screen",

I don't get that option when the dvd is playing or paused, I'll do a screen capture later and post up what options I'm given.

Any other suggestions :confused:

Advertisement