Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get Waterford a square on the board...

• 22-01-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Nominate Waterford to be put in for the votes!!!
    http://www.monopolyworldvote.com/en_IE/world

Voting has opened for the first ever world edition of the board game Monopoly.

The manufacturer of Monopoly, Hasbro, has set up a website where people can vote for cities from a prepared list or nominate a city to feature in the game.

Just 22 cities will make it on to the new game, which traditionally listed street names in each spot on the board.

Dublin is the only Irish location to appear on the list and it stands alongside other major cities like New York, London and Tokyo.

Displaying photos of Trinity College, the Ha'penny bridge and the Spire of Dublin, the Monopoly website cites Dublin's 'world-famous' literary history and 'carnival style' St Patrick's Day Festival.

Dublin is currently ranked 13th on the leader board with 1.4% of the total vote.

New York is in the lead with 3.1% followed by London, Paris and Sydney.

Polls close on 29 February 2008.

The cities with the highest number of votes that make the board will be announced at a press conference in Time Square, New York.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not after the last Monopoly voting travesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

hmm do we have to register? I voted but it doesn't say anything like "thank you for your vote" it just brings me to a login page?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭crookesa

dazftw wrote: »
    hmm do we have to register? I voted but it doesn't say anything like "thank you for your vote" it just brings me to a login page?

I had to register alright, to nominate Waterford. It just took an email address and password. That's all and click on the activation link in the email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

c - 13 wrote: »
    Agreed. Not after the last time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

can we just lock this thread already :)

Frankly I think people are wasting votes on Waterford and should keep with Dublin as it has a much better chance of getting kept then the likes of Waterford.

Voting for other "citys" only splinters votes and isn't a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wont close it, but I wont vote either. Dublin is fine on the board. We would never make it on the board anyway, and I think this is just a money making racket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

whywhywhy? does anyone actually give a s**t? really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Why would anyone even consider the fact that Waterford could get on? Is your world that insular OP? I can see it now: "And the winners are: Tokyo, London, Rio De Janeiro, Los Angeles, Paris, Waterford:confused::confused::confused:". Slightly out of place there aren't we.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

forbesii wrote: »
    Why would anyone even consider the fact that Waterford could get on? Is your world that insular OP? I can see it now: "And the winners are: Tokyo, London, Rio De Janeiro, Los Angeles, Paris, Waterford:confused::confused::confused:". Slightly out of place there aren't we.

Have to agree, if you must pick a place in Ireland pick Dublin as its the most well known city/town in Ireland compared to places like Waterford

It would be wasted votes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

"Waterford? Isn't that that little lovely town in Connecticut? How did they get in?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

not this s*it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

yes this sh1t again, i cant bloody believe that anyone would think that a town of 40-50,000 could ever even dream of getting in to what is basically a numbers battle between the top urban centres of the world. he's gotta be taking the p1ss because most of the cities that will be on that board are now so called "mega cities" with populations well in excess of the population of the island of Ireland. I was surprised that Dublin was even on the list. While we're at it, sure why not throw a few votes the way of Ballina or Killarney or Mullinavat.

Mullinavat should have a square though!!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We could go one step further... get Tramore on? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

c - 13 wrote: »

What happened with Monopoly

Roanmore wrote: »
    What happened with Monopoly

There was a pretty big push in Waterford and other counties in Ireland to get on the Irish Monopoly board. There was a lot of cheating involved, and a lot of publicity (mainly local but it hit national papers the odd time). Bebo Pages, Posters put up over towns, over election posters with guards trying to claim it was vandalism etc.

Advertisement