Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pool competitions in dublin

• 22-01-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey. Does anybody know where there are regular pool competitions taking place in dublin? I used to play in comps at the edge pool hall in rathmines but they dont do comps anymore.
    Also wondering if there are many who would be interested in playing in pool competion as i'm thinking of booking out tables and organising a competition on a fairly regular basis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There was attempt to organise this 30 months ago, but it got a bit fractious because everyone seems to play under different rules, and everyone seems to think that their rules are the correct rules.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=270206

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr. capello

There was attempt to organise this 30 months ago, but it got a bit fractious because everyone seems to play under different rules, and everyone seems to think that their rules are the correct rules.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=270206

Well there is a very easy solution to this. Simply use the world rules. I used to organise pool tournaments fortnightly in college and we just put a print off of the world rules up on the wall. Each and every rule was not agreeable to everyone but the playing field was level and we just got on with it.
    But yeah if there are a few interested i am more than happy to get an opening night going and set the ball rolling. Show of hands please??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh why not. I was thinking about organising something like this myself but I was a bit pessimistic of the interest level...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elfan

yeah if u have enough people ill play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Me too. PM me the details if it's a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mr. capello

hey guys. im looking at a thursday night as the main night for the pool comp. anyone know of a few friends or others who could be interested. numbers wise, anything above 8 would do for a start. 16-20 players as a max. thinking about a possible pool league also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jays

count me in also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

We're getting there, slowly but surely...(!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Where are you going to have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

i would be intrested in a one off comp.Sorry i could not commit every thusday pm me if you get it up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

IN for a once-off comp (if ye don't mind a 40 year old beating you up).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

I'm in guys, PM me the details !

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Aye sounds good, count me in too.:D

Edit: Have a mate who'd be interested as well.

IN for a once-off comp (if ye don't mind a 40 year old beating you up).

Not at all, but there's no old age discount :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭whirlwind

Is there any developments on the competition? you can count be in for a one off initially. Post any details here

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scholarswalk

Count me in too. Is it on 6ft tables or 9ft tables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Just wondering if the people who play in these comps are regular very handy players or, like me, just kinda half-decent on the pub table fellas?

Before I walk in and throw a loada money on the table like! ;):)

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Just wondering if the people who play in these comps are regular very handy players or, like me, just kinda half-decent on the pub table fellas?

Before I walk in and throw a loada money on the table like! ;):)

No, I'm no Ronnie O'Sullivan anyway. An Alan McManus on some days maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'd be up for this also.

Any idea of the planned location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrSpiller

Would be interested in pool comp

• Advertisement

Ok,

So far it looks like...

Mr. Capello
    Michael Collins
    elfan
    johnnysmufman
    jays
    cichild child
    ArmaniJeanss
    TomPich
    Fred C. Dobbs + Friend
    whirlwind
    scholarswalk
    WHIP IT!
    cast iron
    MrSpiller

Is this enough players?

Whos going to take the lead and book a date? i think 3 weeks notice then you can cancel if you dont get the numbers.

Are we finally getting somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrSpiller

I think thats plenty, so wats happenin?

Not sure.

Any ideas of a venue?

Entry?

Structure?

Etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Majic

I'm dying to play myself some pool. I completly agree about the world rules idea. It will save a lot of conflict. The palace bar down georges street has a huge pool hall upstairs. All nine foot tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 green dragon

Hey, I'm moving up to dublin and I was just wondering if any of those pool competitions were ever set up. Or does any one know of any competitions. I would be very interested in joining. I would be very grateful if any one could help me out.

Cheers.

Advertisement