Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Routes in Dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm interested in getting back on the bike after a few years absence. However I'm living in Dublin 6 and can't think of any 20-40k routes that I can cycle without meeting traffic lights/cars/speedbumps every ten minutes. Can anybody recommend a few routes.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Head for the hills. If you're feeling fit, go up via Ballyboden and Rockbrook. For a gentler climb, head out via Dundrum, Sandyford, Stepaside. You begin to get a bit of a clear once out of the burbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I asked for this to be made a sticky but it never happened. Mod, if you're listening, and whoever you are, can you sticky this subject, or at least include the two links below...?

Anyway, these links came from Blorg:

Irish routes on Bikely and MapMyRide:

http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/country/117
    http://www.mapmyride.com/search?lstR...reland&x=0&y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭legoman

brilliant exactly what i was looking for aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Hey thanks for these, they look great. Good to have a change from heading down the N11 on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

When on my own I'm a scardie and drive to Phoenix Park and do laps. Will be right now I have my winter cycling gear from Ground Effects NZ - they sure know how to make stuff for cold weather!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 zaister

try the cycle path on the howth road. It's good for most of the way, except for a section near st. anne's park where you have to go back on the road. then when you get to sutton you can take a right to cycle over howth, and there shouldn't be too much traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

www.runningmap.com is a great tool for planning routes as it gives you distance and elevation.

I normally run but have taken to cycling due to injury. I head out towards tallaght then to brittas and back Bohernabreena Road so at least half my spin is lights free and about 38K.

Advertisement