Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metal Slug 3

• 22-01-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Never played any of the metal slug games but this one is savage !! :D
    I just can believe how much is going on in the levels. Is there a collection of them on one disc for original xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I dont think so but you should be able to pick up most of them individually for about €5-10 each online

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The metal slug games are just out and out classics. Well 1-3 are. After they started being developed internally by SNK and not by nazca they got a little crap. Can't say which of the first 3 are my favourite, love everyone of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

From Wikipedia:
    Metal Slug is a series of run and gun video games first released on Neo-Geo arcade machines and game consoles created by SNK. It was also ported to other consoles, such as the Sega Saturn, the PlayStation, the Neo-Geo Pocket Color and more recently, the Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360. There is also an anthology of the first 7 games in the main series (including Metal Slug X) available for the Wii, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation 2

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Go to emuasylum and get MAME and the Metal Slug Roms.

Believe me I've played loads of console versions including the latest Xbox version and none of em compare to the emulated versions on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think metal slug two is my favourite, if its the one im thinking of, didnt like the one with the fish and animals...think its MS3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jayteecork, you better watch yourself and read the charter. Posting topics that link to illegal copyrighted material such as roms of old games will get you banned since it can really get boards.ie in a lot of trouble.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Metal Slug pack on the Wii is pretty good value, containing pretty much everything in the series as far as I know, some pretty bizarre control schemes there too!

They have been released piecemeal on the other formats, and I have the two on the NeoGeo Pocket, which are fun, and some on the NeoGeoCD, which is also nice.

Found it all got a tad weird after the third one, loved the zombie stuff though, and stay away from fast food!

Advertisement