Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone fitted a carkit to the new (08) Mazda 6?

Options
  • 22-01-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has fitted or had a kit fitted to the new Mazda 6?

Want to install the Nokia 7W bluetooth and cradle kit for a 6230i.

Is it a one-way mute like the old model (i.e. incoming call mutes radio, but will not turn volume back up after call)?

Any experience out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Get a Bluetooth headset instead. A fraction of the price, you can use it in any car(or anywhere) and it won't dent the value of the car unlike cars with a carkit which are always worth less than those without.

Even the cost of changing your phone for one that is Bluetooth compatible and getting a Bluetooth kit would be less than getting a carkit.

Carkits or very old fashioned technology these days, not to mention pricey.

AFAIK you'd be looking at shelling out several hundred Euro for a carkit to be fitted, Bluetooth headsets were only €50 a couple of years, and I'm sure like all new technologies a decent one could be had for less than that nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

E92 wrote: »
    Get a Bluetooth headset instead. A fraction of the price, you can use it in any car(or anywhere) and it won't dent the value of the car unlike cars with a carkit which are always worth less than those without.

A lot more awkward to use too. Under the original mobile phone legislation they were illegal, but I think this position has changed. You also need to use your phone to dial... whichis of course illegal.

A carkit won't devalue a car! Certainly a parrot or similar can only enhance its value (although in reality it won't).

E92 wrote: »
    Carkits or very old fashioned technology these days, not to mention pricey.

Nope. They are neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Ck-7w plus cradle is 110 (ex VAT) on expansys
    install will cost 60. I hardly think that's pricey!

Maidhc, just started reading up on the Parrott. Are they as good as I've seen here on boards?

Just thinking that I could get a normal charger and plug it into the rear cig lighter (although that's where the iPod is coming in through the AUX port).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you don't do huge mileage I'd recommend a bluetooth carkit like a Parrot or a Nokia CK15 over a cradle based system like the CK7W. I know the CK7W has bluetooth, but the cradle looks clumsy, so unless you need to charge the phone while travelling, there's no point in getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I got the parrot 3100 and find it great, realy easy to use and good sound quality.
    pulled this info off thier website...........

Seamless hands-free use
    Comfort and safety while driving
    Superior user interface with LCD display
    Works with all Bluetooth® phones
    Can be installed in any vehicle
    Automatically mutes the radio
    Uses the car speakers
    Audio volume control
    Quality audio (Digital Signal Processing)
    Up to fives devices can use the system
    No cradle
    No wire, no headset
    No headset battery to charge
    Voice recognition dialler
    Software upgradeable
    Superior User Interface: LCD Screen; 2 Buttons (Red and Green); 1 Scroll button with validation
    Default Mode: Displays carrier name; Network signal strength; Pick-up and hang-up; Scroll button = sound level
    Standard features: Echo cancellation, noise reduction; Voice recognition dialling; Volume control; Dual call; Auto connect on incoming call
    New features: Caller ID; Dialing with numbers; Phonebook synchronization including: last calls received -last calls dialled; Extension with new voicetags (up to 200); User connection priority management (up to 5 users); Wordspotting
    Characteristics of voice recognition Up to 200 Voice Tags: Real time; Noise-robust; Dynamic adaptation to background noise
    The CK3100 package contains: 1 CK3100 electronic control unit; 1 microphone with cable; 1 radio mute cable with line output (ISO cable); 1 power supply cable; 1 display with buttons and cable; 1 user guide in 7 languages
    Standard features: Echo cancellation, noise reduction; Voice recognition dialling; Multi-user, up to three phones; Volume control; Private conversation mode

About 150euro i think plus fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maidhc wrote: »
    You also need to use your phone to dial... whichis of course illegal.
    Voice dialling? Works for me. I also like the privacy of the headset.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I got the parrot 3100 and find it great, realy easy to use and good sound quality.
    About 150euro i think plus fitting.

Mr Boots, where'd you get it for that price? (link??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

http://www.parrotshopping.com/ie/p_parrot_topviewed.aspx?f=222

I think it comes in at just under 150euro after shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bigeasy

Has anyone fitted a parrott are they easy to install...Thanks

Advertisement