Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief??

Options
  • 22-01-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

hi ya, im not sure if this is the right place but here goes..

Basically im applyinf for rent relief for all of 07 and six months of 06...im currently in the process of sending off forms. I've been employed full time all of this time, basically im just wondering how much should I be due back? does it take long?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is about a 4 week backlog in Revenue- but the amount you get back is 20% of gross rent to a maximum of EUR 330 per annum (i.e. its not a massive amount unfortunately- but its better in your pocket than in the taxmans).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note, you have to be liable for tax to get the credit in the first place. If you don't earn enough to pay tax, you won't get the credit.

Also, as the tax system is annual, you get the full credit for 2006.

Advertisement