Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meribel - Rent skis & lift pass?

• 22-01-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Heading to Meribel in February. Only things not organized are:

* Ski/Pole rental (have my own boots).
    * Lift Pass.

Any advice from anyone as to best place to rent skis, in terms of fast service... want to get skiing as soon as possible on Sunday. We arrive Meribel at approx 6PM on the Saturday.

We are mostly good intermediate, so any recommendations for the type of ski pass to go for and best place/method to purchase?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

All the rental shops are pretty much the same just get there extra early on sunday to miss the masses.

Go for the 3 vallys pass im just back from Val Thornes and its great to be able to hop over to each vally think the cost is 220 for 3 vallys and 175 for single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

If you can get to the ski place on the Saturday evening you'll probably get a better choice of skis. I was in Val Thorens last week, we arrived at about midnight on the Saturday and had to get our skis on the Sunday morning, I think we got worse skis as a result because all the nice ones were gone.

As for the ski pass, it's 220 for 6 days, 251 for 7 days. Are you flying to Lyon or Grenoble?

We flew to Grenoble and didn't have to leave the resort on Saturday until 1600 so we skiied til about 1430, it was deadly!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If your base in Meribel then that is ideal for then getting the most out of the full area 3 valleys lift pass as your right in the middle. Although we found it slightly easier to get across to Corcheval than to Val Thorens, but that was mostly down to not knowing the best combination of lifts to take I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

tywy wrote: »
    Are you flying to Lyon or Grenoble?

Actually we're flying to Geneva. Landing about 3PM local time.
    We have transport arranged to bring us directly to Meribel.
    I don't see us getting there until at least 6PM.

Maybe the Ski-Hire place opens late on Saturdays, I'll probably check with them.

My very first ski experience was Val Thorens ...in 1993!
    Been Skiing / Boarding in the U.S. on & off since then so it should be interesting to return to France and see the difference!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

try intersport for rental - you can book on the web and just have to go pick up the skis in the shop then.

Definitely if you can ski you should go for the 3 valleys pass - I'm heading to Mottaret on the 2nd and that's the one I went for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement