Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 phone 2 sim cards?

• 22-01-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just got a mobile phone for work and I also have my home phone. I dont want to carry both of them around and I read about phones that can carry 2 sim cards. Has anyone in Ireland used a phone capable of carrying 2 sims and how did it work with the different networks? In my case both numbers are on the same network (087) so maybe there is an alternative solution but I would be interested in the situation where the numbers were for different networks as one of my colleagues is facing that situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can get a dual sim holder, they work in a variety of ways nowadays. Some you have to turn off to switch over to the other card/or network and some you can use software to change over without turning off the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

joeclogs wrote: »
    I just got a mobile phone for work and I also have my home phone. I dont want to carry both of them around and I read about phones that can carry 2 sim cards. Has anyone in Ireland used a phone capable of carrying 2 sims and how did it work with the different networks? In my case both numbers are on the same network (087) so maybe there is an alternative solution but I would be interested in the situation where the numbers were for different networks as one of my colleagues is facing that situation.

a video here to show how it works, you can switch quicker if you turn your pin code off.

Can be bought here but im sure it could found cheaper online elsewhere. This one isn't for 3G sim cards, search the site, its €5 extra.

Advertisement