Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway & Volvo Ocean Race

Options
  • 22-01-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Keepin the tourism hat on but on a lighter note, any thoughts, suggestions for Galway as a stopover for the Ocean Race?

It's bigger than the Ryder Cup and u hear f*&k all about it, not sure if we're quite up to it yet, but it should have a major impact on the town...

http://www.greenteam.ie/galway.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It should be very interesting. I think that the town is in line for a fairly major cleanup before the boats arrive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm looking forward to it merely because I love the water so hope to be out on the bay as the boats enter.

Fair play to Kileen, Connelly & the rest of them for pushing Galway as a stop off.

Hope it brings some money to the city, always a good thing. But yes, Galway & Docklands area needs a bit of a tidy up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

now i guess the irish boat has to win the leg into galway :)

is that why berths have gone into the docks? for the boats? defo a massive clean up needed, but where the hell will everyone stay? it's alot to cater for, and think of the traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

now i guess the irish boat has to win the leg into galway :)

is that why berths have gone into the docks? for the boats? defo a massive clean up needed, but where the hell will everyone stay? it's alot to cater for, and think of the traffic!

No the floating pontoons in the Docks are private and have all already been sold. However that's not to say that they won't be given to the Volvo boats while they're here - I can't give you a definitive answer there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 itsm2

Marina berths in the docks have already been sold on multi year lease. There is however a clause/condition that that owners need to vacate these for the duration of the Galway stopover.

If you want to see what it will all look like in a years time take a look at www. letsdoitgalway.com and Tour the village

• Advertisement
Advertisement