Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are these areas of dublin like to live in? opinions appreciated thanks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well there comes a time when you have to wait a few trams before i could get on, I got in trouble for "luas diving". Its like Tokyo at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Pines wrote: »
    It's the Four Provinces site which they redeveloped behind the scenes and put the shop front up about a fortnight ago in place of the old red pub front.

Cheers, need to know that for the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Mr.S wrote: »
    the worst is when your stuck in the middle, and have to get out out a weird stop where no one gets out.

now that, is near impossible.
    Even 'big' stops like Ranelagh can be difficult to get out at at peak hours.

I wonder if the OP has made any decisions yet?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

From that list, Ranelagh by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

cheers everybody, this is really helpful. Im moving up in another mth, dont have a job yet, but have a few interviews mostly for jobs in the city centre, so fingers crossed for that. Just been trying to get a few ideas for where to live b4 i make the move.
    Ive added marino and clontarf to the list on the recommendations given here. Rathmines and ranelagh sound the best tho , but doesnt seem to be too many 1 bedroom flats for those 2 areas on daft.ie right now.
    Harolds cross is another place someone mentioned, that did have a few nice flats on daft.
    anyway thanks again to everyone whos answered so far.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ealach

I'd agree with the majority of the posters on Ranelagh & Rathmines. My only issue with those areas is that the buildings are nearly all very old. When I was looking at renting there I found most of the places very small and overpriced. One area I would add to the list is Grand Canal Dock. It's within walking distance of the city centre and also has a very good bus service, not to mention the DART.
    Lots of new apartment blocks have gone up here over the last few years and there are quite a lot of young people living in the area now. Rent will be cheaper than Ranelagh and the accomodation will be more spacious and modern.
    Amenities are not as good as they seemed to build the accomodation first and only thought of amenities afterwards. Still, there are some good bars and there are more shops opening on a regular basis.
    I don't live in the area but I have a number of friends living there who would all recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Castleknock's not that bad and a good area too. Traffic might be bad, but you have that everywhere and it's mainly cos it is a good area to live in. It's not that far from town and the Maynooth train line runs through Castleknock and Coolmine. I work in Dame Street and get the train from Coolmine and am in work at my desk 40 minutes after getting on the train in Coolmine. Having said that, I could spend almost 2 hours on the 39 bus from Clonsilla Road to get in. The train service is definitley the bonus. You also have the shopping centre in Blanchardstown with in walking distance too or a short drive away. And the Phoenix Park only down the road. Don't think Castleknock deserves the bad comments it's getting here !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ealach wrote: »
    I'd agree with the majority of the posters on Ranelagh & Rathmines. My only issue with those areas is that the buildings are nearly all very old. When I was looking at renting there I found most of the places very small and overpriced. One area I would add to the list is Grand Canal Dock. It's within walking distance of the city centre and also has a very good bus service, not to mention the DART.
    Lots of new apartment blocks have gone up here over the last few years and there are quite a lot of young people living in the area now. Rent will be cheaper than Ranelagh and the accomodation will be more spacious and modern.
    Amenities are not as good as they seemed to build the accomodation first and only thought of amenities afterwards. Still, there are some good bars and there are more shops opening on a regular basis.
    I don't live in the area but I have a number of friends living there who would all recommend it.

I work at Grand Canal Dock and i would quite happily live in this area. Easy walk back from town as well.

For €1200 per month for a one bedroon apartment, you could pick up somewhere nice all along the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

ive just got a place this week in rathmines area, its pretty spacious compared to another few i saw, and its fairly new as well. Rent is bloody expensive tho in dublin...i know its the capital city, but everything is so dear compared to the rest of the country. Its crazy.
    but thanks to everyones advice:D

Advertisement