Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambient/Space with pop video for review!

Options
  • 22-01-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone fancy doing some critiquing of a vid I compiled for a track called Nebulae which a made a few years back. Its in stereo but only 13 fps (anything bigger would have taken ages to upload)

7 mb wmv

or mono

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

That's very good indeed Mike, im probably in a minority here bit im a big Ambient/Chill out fan and have lots of it in my music folder,good video, by any chance did you take any inspiration from this vintage Ambient Video?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=WlldjrQbtDQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for watching/listening :)

A few people have mentioned bio-sphere after listening to my stuff. A track called Old Truths which you can listen to if you click my sig is in similair vein.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Great tune and video Mike.

I am a big fan of ambiant and chillout tracks also.
    Your track reminds me of Pete Namlock the early stuff he did,and collaberations with Mix Master Morris on rising high records.

Thanks wideangle, sadly electronic on boards seems to mean skinny chaps on redbull with "decks" rather than actual music! ;)

Mike.

ps its Namlook! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

mike65 wrote: »
    Thanks wideangle, sadly electronic on boards seems to mean skinny chaps on redbull with "decks" rather than actual music! ;)

Mike.

ps its Namlook! :)

Still Alex Patterson and the Klf made chillout and space using decks and a sampler.

ps its Namlook..It's been a while since I last had too spell his name.You must be producing a while to get to this standard.

• Advertisement

I've been dabbling for about 8 years.

I had zero musical knowledge or tuition before I decided to have a go so I did'nt get intimidated by software and a keyboard (I started in my mid 30s). Also I just did what sounded good to me. I do have electronic and ambient in my collection but only a bit - I'm really a 70s hard rock and new wave and jazz relic :o

Mike.

Advertisement