Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card & Mainboard

• 22-01-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a little out of date with pc hardware. I have an ABIT Aw8 motherboard with a BFG Geforce 7900GT graphics card.

I understand that graphics card can work in parrallel... SLi is it?
    My question is will my motherboard support a second card? Also, does it have to be the same make/model of card? Would there be a considerable improvement in the performance? I wish to run MS flight Sim X

Hope my question is somewhat clear. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is this your motherboard. It doesn't have a second pci-e slot so you cant add another card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Short answer, no your board won't support a second graphics card in SLi, because it isn't an Nvidia SLi based motherboard. It might not be necessary though. I would think that if you have at least something like a 2.8 or 3GHz Pentium4 and 1GB of ram in that system of yours, there is a pretty good chance that it will run MS Flight Sim X without any upgrades. (assuming you have Windows XP)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

yes, that's it. Would I have noticed much performance improvement in gaming (particularly Flight Sim X), anyone know? I guess I would have

I've a 3.4Ghz Pentium D with 2gb RAM & XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

That graphics card will run flight sim x fine, I've ran it on the same card, but you'll find your processor will be under pressure. Flight sim x is very cpu intensive. You'll have to keep settings on medium settings & lower resolution. An average of 15 frames per second is plenty for it tho, its not like a game.

• Advertisement

ok, thanks for replies.

Advertisement