Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawing systems

Options
  • 22-01-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Anyone done this module before???

I think its code is ARCH20070

Whats it like??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Arch20070 is archaeology. Im nearly sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

You probably mean ARCT20070, which is labelled Drawing Systems in Course Search. When you view the details the name changes to The Geometry of Drawing:
    This module examines the geometries that underlie drawing and design, both in terms of their historical development and their practical construction. The projection of solid form onto surface is the basis of most drawings. Two dimensional drawings are used by artists and designers to invent and represent three dimensional form. The geometries of representation have both cultural and historical significance, as well as everyday practical application. They inform architectural design, fine art, graphic design and typography.

Looks interesting... I wonder if I can do it as an elective next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ha!i knew it!someone on boards would show up!:)

i went lost about half an hour on monday to find my classrom(the reception told me there are 40 people like me cant find the classroom) in that separate world of architechture!they have everything over the other side of campus!!library,factory(?!!),o'brian,admin building etc

fancy buildings(class!!) ,hot girls(unbelievably hot!) ,nice lecturer ,i am starting to like it:)
    *the lecturer told me doesnt matter if i have no basic on the module,which i am basically know nothing on architect,maybe just some drawing*

its an elective of mine this sem.hopefully i am able to draw my dream house after this module!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

The "factory!" you're thinking of is probably the former Philips factory, a.k.a. the Newstead building, a.k.a. LARC (Landscape ARchitecture & Civil Engineering). Still got that "new building" smell, and computers that work. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Yeh i did mean ARCT...........my bad!

So has anyone done it??

What kinda drawings have to be handed up during the semester??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

did the 2nd class,learnt off the drawing thingy,nice :)

but i wonder where is that module in my blackboard??failed to find it:( searched ARCH20070 showed up Environmental Archaeology (ARCH20070) :0

Advertisement