Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a new computer need advice please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Komplett and overclockers are very good....

Ankermann are cheap and all, but use low quality parts....

I would probably get the below for €1500

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-021-OK&groupid=43&catid=967&subcat=

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Thanks for the quick reply i have read a few of your posts on this forum you know what your talking about and seem to favor dell xps.Also that only comes to €1500 im willing to go to €2000 if there is a good power increase.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sqaull20 wrote: »

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-021-OK&groupid=43&catid=967&subcat=
    Note - If you select the 4GB Memory Upgrade option then the CPU overclock is reduced to 3.1GHz - 3.2GHz region to maintain stability with all four memory banks filled.

Is there any reason why they use a 2 x 2GB kit over a 4 x 1GB kit?

After looking around there your right i might edit them out!

Does a 32bit or 64bit operating system make a difference and is it worth upgrading to 4gb of memory.Also are the pre built computers from marxcomputers.ie any good?.They would be the most convenient to order from by far.

• Advertisement

Kare Bear wrote: »
    Does a 32bit or 64bit operating system make a difference and is it worth upgrading to 4gb of memory.Also are the pre built computers from marxcomputers.ie any good?.They would be the most convenient to order from by far.

If you have the money for 4gigs of ram, then why not...Games like Crysis run much better on 64bit Vista, but there is still compatability issues with some games, you should check the games you play at the moment support it before buying....

Marxcomputers are the same as Ankermann only more expensive, low quality case,power supply and cheap ram on pre built systems....

If you want to spend € 2000 on an insane beast of pc, then doing something like this would be cool, it would involve having to put in the graphics cards yourself.....

Komplett Intel Core 2
    Gigabyte Triton 180 Silver
    OCZ GameXStream Powersupply 700Watt ATX/EPS,
    Asus P5K SE, P35, Socket-775, DDR2,
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    OCZ DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT, Reaper HPC,
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200A, IDE,
    PC with no operating system

€774.02 delivered

Then add a pair of Ati HD3870X2 for €800 or so, when they come in stock next week.....

http://www.dollarshops.eu/product_info.php/products_id/2778

You would have an absolute beast for €1600

Thanks for the advice i will do something like that :D.Those graphics cards are really good is the rest of that pc up to spec to support them?

Kare Bear wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice i will do something like that :D.Those graphics cards are really good is the rest of that pc up to spec to support them?

My bad,motherboard has only 1 pci e slot :o

The site is down right now for me,but they have a few crossfire boards options available,you can get the whole lot fitted there if you want, just give them a call and they will include the HD3870X2 cards in your build when they come in stock or a specific motherboard you want etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Why not have a friend, or someone from here build it for you. Personally i wouldnt charge to build a rig, but you could buy me a few pints ;)

Stay away from uk sites atm, the exchange rate is terrible :(

But what ever you do, wait for the 9800gx2 to come out before you buy. And one of the lads i used ot work with in microsoft bought the overclockers pre built system, he says the build quality was terrible. It was like they thre it together in the space of 10 mins.

Ok thanks for the extra input i will wait for the 9800gx2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement