Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 8gb ?

• 22-01-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

THinking of getting an N95 8GB.

Just wondering if I should... As the N95 has been out a while and I dont want to buy it and then a new version comes out in a few months.

The main bad aspect to the N95 is the LED flash for me really, but dont want the N82 as its screen is too damned small .

All feedback is good feedback :D

THanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

ok here it is.

i had both n95's

the original n95 and now i have the 8gb verison.
    -the new one is alot better in everyway.

as in

-Looks better
    -Feels better
    -Nicer and bigger screen
    The built in memory helps alot as if you bought the old one and then spent money on the memory card its a whopper amount if you ask me.

The new n95 really is a kick ass phone. all the features you need (camera, WiFi GPS Music Player, Video Player And More.

The new update from nokia means you can use youtube properly on the phone(it works a treat). I really like this phone and would definitly recommend it to a person that likes there gadgets. Also the thought of them releasing a bew and better phone will always be there but what more do you need or could even ask for in a phone. The flash on this is brilliant and the camera is a much better improvment from the original n95, so whatever they did they did it well. as i can recall the other camera not being so good but this one is just brillaint.

If you have any other question i would be happy to answer them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I also own the 8GB version :D But I'm not sure if the GPS antenna is still located under the keypad or at the top of the phone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I love my original n95 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The missus has the old one with 2gb msd card in it. It is an incredible phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I was looking at this phone during the week and it was €549 on carphonewarehouse. For some reason they have now increased the price to €589. I thought prices were supposed to go down not up. Thinking of going down the ebay route where I can get it between €500 - €550 simfree but the added risk of something going wrong. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Great phone. Coming from a k800 the battery pales in comparison. I get approximately two days out of it with bluetooth turned on, wifi off, screen brightness at 50% while only using the phone for texts and calls. It's the best phone I have owned but I wouldn't pay e589 for one, at the end of the days its just a phone and the battery is too poor to take advantage of all its features, without a daily charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My N82 should be arriving next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

As a mobile connoisseur i have to say the N95 8gb is the best phone i have ever had and i've had some crackers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

the N82 is fantastic, the dogs bollocks....

end of.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Nephew wrote: »
    Great phone. Coming from a k800 the battery pales in comparison. I get approximately two days out of it with bluetooth turned on, wifi off, screen brightness at 50% while only using the phone for texts and calls. It's the best phone I have owned but I wouldn't pay e589 for one, at the end of the days its just a phone and the battery is too poor to take advantage of all its features, without a daily charge.

You nearly have to carry a phone with decent battery life aswell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hey,

On the verge of getting the 8Gb today, are the ones from vodafone (ie) unbranded?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

i have one of these they are the best phone in the shops they are just great in every way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I got my N82 late last week. It's an amazing piece of kit am well impressed. I particularly like the wifi access and the ability to make SIP (VOIP) calls over your wifi connection.

TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Hey,

On the verge of getting the 8Gb today, are the ones from vodafone (ie) unbranded?

Thanks

yeah the one i got from vodafone was unlocked and had no branding what so ever.

great phone cant see any phone out there that can beat it and the battery on this i brilliant for the use i had put onto it.

Advertisement