Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going from bill pay to PAYG to bill pay?

• 22-01-2008 8:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was asking o2 about getting an upgrade. Lad in the shop said wasnt due one for a while but if I went to PAYG for a week or two then to bill pay you get the special offers by signing up to bill pay.

Any one tried this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You have to wait 60 days before you can signup to billpay and be regarded as a new customer again. If it's less than 60 days they'll just reactivate your old billpay account and give you a new SIM.

You could of course get a new number to avail of new offers.

If you're out of contract and not getting what you want why don't you look around at other networks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

random wrote: »
    You have to wait 60 days before you can signup to billpay and be regarded as a new customer again. If it's less than 60 days they'll just reactivate your old billpay account and give you a new SIM.

If you're out of contract and not getting what you want why don't you look around at other networks?

I need the free web texts to England. If I didnt need them I'd be gone and I'd like to keep my number as well. Have it nearly 10 years at this stage.

Who knows in 60 days time I might get my upgrade!

Then switch to Speakeasy for 60 days and then move back!

How much do you spend a month? When did you last have an upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Well the upgrade is normally given once your outside of your contract to persuade you to sign another contract with the network.

If your not qualified for an upgrade then I presume your still under contract? If this is the case then you'll have to buy your way out of the contract if you want to move to PAYG.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've been out of contract since November and the average spend is €40 pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You will be entitled to a silver upgrade shortly in any case, for your information. It's not a great upgrade but it's something.

You could try ringing O2's CC and see if they can do something for you. People in shops have little power authorising upgrades.

I mainly use their website (got last phone there) but still nothing up there about an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I know someone who done this and went back to o2 within a week - no problem, they never spotted anything.

neilled wrote: »
    I know someone who done this and went back to o2 within a week - no problem, they never spotted anything.
    Then the agent on the phone signing them up made a mistake. They do happen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Then the agent on the phone signing them up made a mistake. They do happen :)

It was checked with the agent on the phone once, and the application went through successfully a number of days latter through a different agent. Sod that, if someone can get one up over o2's crappy upgrade system the better.

As far as I'm concerned a silver upgrade shows nothing but contempt for the customer - its basically a handset at prepay prices. Gold isn't much better, platinum is where its at and diamond if your spending insane amounts of cash.

A nice trick is to remind them of o2's customer promise which they spent so much time waxing lyrical about - specifically the line "we reward loyalty"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kearnsr wrote: »
    I need the free web texts to England. If I didnt need them I'd be gone and I'd like to keep my number as well. Have it nearly 10 years at this stage.

Who knows in 60 days time I might get my upgrade!

if that's the only reason you're staying, buy an o2 sim card, use the web texts from the new number and tell the person you're texting to text back to your normal number

Advertisement