Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus central locking problem.

Options
  • 22-01-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I have googled this and there is lots to read about fuses and stuff but this is slightly different.

99 Focus which should lock from aftermarket alarm fob or key in drivers door but recently.....

Mostly it locks from the alarm fob, but sometimes the alarm just beeps to acknowledge set signal, but it doesn't lock. I dont think its the fob as when inside the car, if I lock my drivers door, it usually locks all the doors but sometimes it doesn't. When outside the car using my key in the drivers lock, it mostly locks all doors, sometimes it doesn't.

When it works, you can hear a motor start and all doors lock. What is happening is sometimes there is no motor sound.

Conclusions:

Its not the fob as it also affects when pressing the lock on inside of drivers door.

It shouldnt be the fuse blown as it often does work.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

something to do with lubrication on the interior handles I think. Think someone posted something similar before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

colm_mcm wrote: »
    something to do with lubrication on the interior handles I think. Think someone posted something similar before

But how could this affect the motor not kicking in. It is getting worse. The car only locks now about half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

happened me on FIAT I had before, the central locking knock itself off for e few minutes if the locking is locked and unlocked loads of times in a row, the same system could knock off the central locking for a few minutes if the mechanism is sticky?

I'm sure some Ford heads can answer the question better, If the car doesn't centrally lock from the key, it's not the alarm at fault. I'd recommend lubricating the locks before taking the wiring or alarm apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Anyone else have any ideas?

Advertisement