Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creda Oven door shattered

Options
  • 22-01-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    We have a Creda free standing cooker (4 years old) whose main door shattered two weeks ago. We expected to have the door by now but contacted them again today only to be told that they can't give us a delivery date on that part.
    Is there somewhere else I can source the part in Ireland. There's one available on a UK website but they don't deliver to Ireland.
    Has anyone else come across this problem. I read on another board that there is a design fault on some Creda doors and it was taking months to source a new door. That was in 2005 and it hasn't been updated.
    I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Name: Kenco Spares
    Categories: Electrical Repairs
    Address: Unit 6 Slaney Court, Glasnevin, Co. Dublin
    Phone: (01) 8306922

give these a ring they are often much faster than the main agents or distributors

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You could try Quinnspares.com too, based in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

May not be a first choice but if you are stuck you could try your local recycling center.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mad stuff, same thing happened to my mothers Creda cooker last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charleney

Well I thought that I was just unlucky but my oven door shattered in Nov and have been back and forth with Customer Service and still oven door is to be repaired.
    Customer service have pushed out date of repair twice and cancelled at the last minute on the morning of scheduled repair date. Imagine my frustration and annoyance!
    I was told that the part was out of stock and that they didn't know when they would be able to supply it.
    At this point, I don't know where to go from here. Apart from door, cooker/oven is in perfect condition. It is only 3 years old. Has never been mistreated or never had any abrasive cleaner applied.
    At the time it shattered, the oven had been turned on to pre-heat for about 10 mins at 180C.
    All I know is that I was treated with contempt and indifference each time I called Customer Service.
    I will NEVER purchase another Creda or Hotpoint appliance and will advise friends and family along these lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bernie57

I shattered the outer glass of the Top oven door on my Creda Mirage Smart Cook Cooker (model No. R561ER) have been told by Quinn Spares and the company that took over from Creda that the parts are no longer available. It was a top of the range cooker when I bought it - so I am not a happy chef ! Anyone any ideas - where to get a replacement door. I kept all the fittings - anyone know a glass company that might make one. Anyone else had this experience !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blackcrowes

Ours just shattered very very easily last night on the eve of Xmas. I was cleaning in preparation for the turkey tomorrow :(

Just the outside glass is what I'm looking for. not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Overtightened screws or bolts holding handles onto glass might possibly cause glass to shatter easily.

Advertisement