Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think i ate my skinny person

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Ok this is for me to get a grip of myself and see where i am going.

A little about me. I'm a 27 year old female. No matter how hard this part is to write it's to open my eyes and make sure i keep going. I used to weight 260lbs. I have been overweight since i was about 9, before that i was like a rake and underweight and i can't remember what changed but obviously i found a great love for junk. Having suffered from depression brought on by certain circumstances since i was 13 i comfort ate my way to morbid obesity. Started exercise - lost depression. I am 5'6 tall. I'm currently 179lbs and my goal is to get to 137lbs. I had been 170lbs but after surgery (and christmas no doubt) i saw the scales jump (to 187lbs) in the wrong direction and i think it's exactly what i needed. I weight less now than i did when i was 15 which is pretty sick but a reminder of the way i abused my body. There is a drastic difference to what i looked like at my heavist and what i look like now, however, i still really detest looking in a mirror and whatever has triggered in my own head i feel worse these days than i did back then, or maybe i can't remember how miserable i exactly was back then. Lets just say right now i hate even going into my local shop, my confidence has taken a battering and i need to get a grip.

I go to the gym 6 days a week. In the morning i do cardio for an hour. I go back in the afternoon and do weights for an hour every third day i do not go back for the weights to give my muscles a chance to recover. And in the evening i do an exercise DVD.

My biggest fear is saggy skin, so much so that each week i put money aside in case i actually end up needing surgery, thats how paranoid of skin i am. I'm afraid because of the amount of time my skin was stretched that it's not possibly going to spring back no matter what exercise i do but i will have to wait until i lose all the fat to know the answer to this question. And i have no doubt i will lose the remainder of this fat because i've grown to love the gym after the first number of months hating the sight of the place. I don't crave junk food, i just dont want it. Now and again i might think to myself i'll have this or that and find i don't like the taste of it and when i think of how many calories i think jesus an extra bit of chicken would be nicer.

I want to lose as much as i can by April as i have an occasion that for once i don't want to feel self conscious and disgusting at but i know from keeping track of my weight loss since i got under 200lbs that i don't lose more than 2-3lbs a week and thats probably good regarding the saggy skin phobia.

If anyone is reading i do have a question (and if course i welcome any advice gor tips or critisism given).
    In the gym the cross trainer kills me, 20 mins and i'm dead. The treadmill i put on a 10 incline and can kill myself on that for 40 mins but even in the first 20 mins on the treadmill it tells me i burn more calories than on the crosstrainer. If i spent all the time on the threadmill would it be better than splitting it between crosstrainer/treadmill. My arms are also wicked fat so is rowing better for that? I mix them all up on different days. I got a plan to follow from a trainer but another trainer told me it was terrible so heck knows. Now i just get as much info from the internet as i can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Skiddley

Loss - 3lbs.
    Currently - 176lbs
    BMI - 28.4
    Havent measured myself yet, that happens monday. Last week was 8lbs and 4.2inches.

Spend monday, tuesday, thursday in gym. One hour of weights. One hour of cardio. Will be goign to gym later. Foodwise, nothing unhealthy has passed my lips and watching the calories and being amazed how many calories is in junk compared to a piece of chicken etc i don't want the junk, rather use them on something that'll fill me for more than ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Wow Skiddley, you have been working hard! Well done on losing all that weight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hi how are you hope your well. i used to work out in total fitness since june last year and have lost a stone in weight since then but i left my job to do a course in supply chain logistics and iam only getting an allowance from fas and they wouldnt let me switch to a student. northwood in santry are offering 750 for 3 people for the year which is better then total fitness 670 for the year works out as 75 cent a day in northwood. goingup tonight to get new program. your doing well keep it up. i used to suffer from depresssion to and it good to talk it over with somebody. my confidence was sshattered over some recent problem in my life and iam only getting it back now. so i know what you going through but lifes for living and enjoying yourself and not having regrets in later life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi Skiddley, huge congratulations on doing so well so far. I'm delighted to see you in the gym doing weights and cardio, that will speed up the fat loss tremendously.

Best of luck with your journey :)

Another 3lb loss. BMI is gradually getting lower. I wish i could speed it up but i am sticking to everything 100% so i will just have to take it as it decides to come off.

Heavist - 260lbs
    Starting this time - 187lbs
    Loss - 3lbs.
    Currently - 173lbs
    BMI - 27.9
    Target Weight - 135lbs.
    Inches this week - 3.1inches
    Total Inches - 7.9inches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I like your ticker!

Spent 8 hours in gym doing cardio, 4 hours doing weights. Also each day brought the dogs for a walk 2 miles each evening (my dogs are losing the fat).

Foodwise been counting every calorie that passes my lips. Drinking water non stop. Have not had one "bad" thing since i started, hoping i lose the taste for it. No crisps, chocolate, anything fried, chips, pizza, anything like that. Hate fish but been living on that and chicken so kinda getting used to the taste of fish now. Vegetables i'm trying them all and just eating all the ones i used to hate too to try and retrain my tastebuds if thats possible. No fizzy drinks or caffine, only drink i have is water.

Heavist - 260lbs
    Loss - 3lbs.
    Currently - 170lbs
    BMI - 27.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

wow, your really going all in... fair play... just watch you dont go overboard... 8 hours in the gym in one day? you could yourself damage if your punishing your body for that length of time without recovery, did you eat while you were in there?

God no Pen the eight hours wasn't in the one day. I would keel kver and die. That's spread out over the week.

Ok i don't have my measurements done till tomorrow. Down to 164.6lbs now. Worked nightshift and only two hours sleep but up to go to the gym and home to bed and get ready again for nightshift again tonight. Don't think i'll be able to do too much today butwhatever i do it'll be better than nothing.

I can't wait to get to the 150's. The last time i saw those digits was when i was about 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

*APPLAUSE*

Congrats Skiddley, you're doing fantastically. I admire your dedication & have every confidence you'll reach your goal in no time! :D

Long time since i took measurements and posted them up here. I lost more inches last week than this week . Not too far off the healthy BMI thank god!

Heavist - 260lbs
    Currently - 162.5lbs
    BMI - 26.2
    Target Weight - 135lbs.

Wednesday 20th February

Weight - 162.5ibs
    Calves - (L) 40cms (R) 40cms
    Thighs - (L) 57.5cms (R) 58.5cms
    Hips - 99.5cms
    Waist - 96cms
    Chest - 90cms
    Bust - 94.5cms
    Upper Arms - (L) 33cms (R) 33cms

8.5cms = 3.4 inches
    Total Weight Loss - 24.5lbs
    Total Inch Loss - 15.9 Inches

Since my heaviest i have lost 97.5lbs, nearing the century mark. Thats disgusting yet satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

You're doing so well :D Congrats and keep up the good work - you're an inspiration ;)

Thanks Cork Girl.

160.1 this evening so just 0.1lb to the 100lbs gone mark. Hopefully monday i'll be in the 150's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Cork_girl wrote: »
    You're doing so well :D Congrats and keep up the good work - you're an inspiration ;)

i second that , well done SKIDDLEY just goes to show what hard work and determination can achieve , great log keep it up + best of luck

Thanks sungod.

Well i passed the 100lb mark....barely.

My gym membership is up tomorrow and i won't be able to afford it now for three weeks again so should be fun seeing what happens the scales.

Measurements since five days ago. It should be back to every monday again now.

Monday 25th February

Weight - 159.5lbs
    Thighs - (L) 56.5cms (R) 58cms
    Hips - 99cms
    Waist - 94cms
    Chest - 89cms
    Bust - 93cms
    Upper Arms - (L) 33cms (R) 32.5cms

Weight Loss: -3lb
    Inch Loss: 7cm = 2.75inches

Total Inch Loss - 18.65 Inches

Weight today is 154.4lbs. So for the first time in my life i have a HEALTHY BMI!! Which was my aim from the beginning. So from my heaviest i have now lost 105.6lbs!! How sick is that.

Heavist - 260lbs
    Starting this time (mid jan) - 187lbs
    Currently - 154.4lbs
    BMI - 24.9
    Target Weight - 135lbs.

Wednesday 5th March

Thighs - (L) 55cms (R) 57cms
    Hips - 98cms
    Waist - 93cms
    Chest - 87cms
    Bust - 91cms
    Upper Arms - (L) 32.5cms (R) 32.5cms

Inch Loss: 9cm = 3.54inches

Total Inch Loss since Mid January - 22.19 Inches

=====

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

You're doing great and you'll reach you target weight in no time! Well done ya legend!

• Advertisement

Under 11 stone for the first time in my life.....just about though by the skin of my teeth. 153.1lbs so 10 stone 13.1. I never thought i'd see the 10s again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

well done skiddley great stuff ,you should be very proud of yourself . you deserve it after all the hard work keep it up.

Thanks Sungod.

I can almost smell the 140's.
    151.5lbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I guess its all to do with the way we are built, but Im 5.6 1/2 and if I went under 11 stone, I would be looking gaunt. So what is your ideal weight in stone? 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hi Skiddley,

Just reading your log and just wanted to say well done! What I like about what I'm reading is a steady progress no huge weight loss at any one time - this will definately stand to you in the future.

It won't be long before you're saying can't believe I used to weigh 150!!! :D

I have a small frame, well so my wrist says, just under 6inches?

I want to get to under ten. Nine and a half would be the minimum i would go to. Im also left with skin and no matter what i do doesnt seem to improve so i still look fat!

Thanks ike. No way am i ever allowing it to go back up. I forget what chrisps, chocolate fizzy drinks, chips, burgers etc taste like and not going to remind myself lol.

Wednesday 12th March

Weight - 150.4lbs
    Calves - (L) 39.5cms (R) 39cms
    Thighs - (L) 55cms (R) 55cms
    Hips - 95.5cms
    Waist - 91.5cms
    Chest - 87cms
    Bust - 89cms
    Upper Arms - (L) 31.5cms (R) 31.5cms

Inch Loss: 11.5cm = 4.5inches

Total Inch Loss since Mid January - 26.69 Inches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Wow!! Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Skiddley wrote: »
    Wednesday 12th March

Weight - 150.4lbs
    Calves - (L) 39.5cms (R) 39cms
    Thighs - (L) 55cms (R) 55cms
    Hips - 95.5cms
    Waist - 91.5cms
    Chest - 87cms
    Bust - 89cms
    Upper Arms - (L) 31.5cms (R) 31.5cms

Inch Loss: 11.5cm = 4.5inches

Total Inch Loss since Mid January - 26.69 Inches