Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clone g36

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

There isnt a clone g36 or g36k is there, just high end?

If so would a jg g36c with a carry handle, large grip and longer barrel be the same thing?

Considering the good reviews of the jg, Id love to base an aeg on this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it would be the same thing., i think theres G36k clones out there but there probably crap, havent heard much about them.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

You can buy a JG G36C and add a G36K body kit from someone like WGCShop.com . That will have the longer barrel, handgaurd and assorted bits to change it into a K version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

JG do a nice G36C. If you want a G36-36K, look for the Star version. However a fat tanker once told me it's rather pants compared to the CA stuff.
    I have some of the bits from the Star version bolted on to my 36C. The parts are interchangable, all they need is a little gentle persuasion (with my patented persuasion mallet)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I was playing mercenaries, and the g36 is a great looking thing, youtubed it too, classy yoke.
    :(
    Every time, I see something new I want, every bloody time I turn on a computer or ps2.
    Still have to get a bloody aksu, gave up on the luger and the glock 26, I hate limits to funds garg!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Long or short barrel

• Advertisement

Long or short barrel

long, g36 not g36k

RSOV have a g36 barrel by element in 6.04, but I want the 6.03 prometheus, but it doesnt have an equivalent length, just over or under by enough to get it wrong and end up with an exposed inner barrel possibly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The standard G36c barrel is 360mm if thats any good to ya, if you end up with a small part if the inner barrel exposed you could always fit a small silencer to it,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

or use a slightly shorter barrel by a few millimeters and you wont really notice the difference :)

vtec wrote: »
    The standard G36c barrel is 360mm if thats any good to ya, if you end up with a small part if the inner barrel exposed you could always fit a small silencer to it,.,

Really am interested in a g36 full length, there is a outer barrel and handguard kit that is chinese and cheap, that would suit the jg g36c.

Id say jg will make a g36 or g36k but I'm liking the thought of making my own with a ridiculously long 6.03 barrel.

Think of the accuracy!

Well it would be decent enough.

There is an acm carry handle scope too but they are all a bit crap so I hear, and I well believe it having tried to skirmish a 4x scope before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I have the G36 conversion kit and it is really crap, the plastic's not great, the flash hider has big molde lines and worse of all the outer barrell has sh1t threads... but i got mine going fine... it takes a bit of tinkering though, over all i think you should avoid it... If you want i'll try get some photoes up tomorrow... but i am a bit busy... I trned 17 on the 20th and i'm dropping down to the FCA barracks tomorrow

• Advertisement

Oh and here's a great guide for installing a new G36 barrell; http://www.urizenproject.net/airsoft/g36cbarrel/

I would have made a huge mess of it if it weren't for this

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    I have the G36 conversion kit and it is really crap, the plastic's not great, the flash hider has big molde lines and worse of all the outer barrell has sh1t threads... but i got mine going fine... it takes a bit of tinkering though, over all i think you should avoid it... If you want i'll try get some photoes up tomorrow... but i am a bit busy... I trned 17 on the 20th and i'm dropping down to the FCA barracks tomorrow

Are the barrel and flash hider metal though? I dont do plastic, well, not for more than 20€.

Yep only plastic thing is the handguard(as par with real steel)
    Not the best plastic though...

Advertisement