Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best exam papers

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

im in 5th year at the moment and wanted to get few exam papers to practice. which are the best ones to get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Civil Def

EDCO but i dislike you username i think it is c**p and my mocks are next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Challenged

Why would anybody buy exam papers when they are freely available on the web?: www.examinations.ie

How does anyone talk about the best exam papers? Are they not all the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Challenged wrote: »
    Why would anybody buy exam papers when they are freely available on the web?: www.examinations.ie

the guides that come with them, the answers that come with maths, the cds that come with maths, the fact that teachers often reference the page no. for convience

and edco are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Also because you dont always find yourself in front of your PC. I dont know many LC kiddies with a laptop to be honest.

EDCO are definite quality. Not all papers are made the same: some just spit out the exam sheets: some (like EDCO) come with supplementary CD-ROMs and help pages; Tips on studying the particular subject; etc. etc.

The fact that your teacher can reference a page no. I always found a bit rubbish: why not just say "05' question 2" instead.... all my teachers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Fad wrote: »
    the guides that come with them, the answers that come with maths, the cds that come with maths, the fact that teachers often reference the page no. for convience

and edco are the best

The official marking schemes are also available on examinations.ie

Surely the official marking scheme with the question worked out in steps and the marks allocated to each step beside it is better than a list of answers at the back of the book?

I get my classes to get sets of exam papers (Folens) but that's just for convenience so they are not walking around with mountains of loose paper and not spending half the class sifting though papers to find the correct one.

• Advertisement

but having the marking scheme might just tempt one to use it derive the answer rather than work it out themselves

and of course theres the fairly large cost of printing stuff out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

"I get my classes to get sets of exam papers (Folens)" why would you specially pick those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

"I get my classes to get sets of exam papers (Folens)" why would you specially pick those ones

Because EDCO didn't publish papers for my subject the last time I checked. Folens do a combined Higher and Ordinary Level version which means students changing level don't have to go and buy another set and I get them at a discounted rate from Folens because I'm a teacher so it's cheaper for my students.

i have edco chemistry ones that are combined, but my main point is regardless of the difference in price (which is minimal) EDCO are much much better quality

Advertisement