Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accessing Imap/Pop3 email on VLive!

• 22-01-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi to all.

Recently got Nokia E65, quite like the phone, but as always, some issues.

Can't access email through Vodafone Live! (using imap or pop3). I can access these mailboxes through the Vodafone ISP access point, which costs a lot more, or so I'm told. Can someone please clear this up for me.

A newbie halfwit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

maoleary wrote: »
    Hi to all.

Recently got Nokia E65, quite like the phone, but as always, some issues.

Can't access email through Vodafone Live! (using imap or pop3). I can access these mailboxes through the Vodafone ISP access point, which costs a lot more, or so I'm told. Can someone please clear this up for me.

A newbie halfwit.

Vodafone Live allows web access only. No Imap, Pop, Voip etc just browsing.

The Vodafone ISP access point will allow everything but costs more as you say ..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well you could get your e-mail to forward to G-mail and download the G-Mail App.
    That uses Vodafone Live! access point.

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Well you could get your e-mail to forward to G-mail and download the G-Mail App.
    That uses Vodafone Live! access point.

Mik

Thanks very much for the reply. That's exactly what I was thinking. That ISP is probably good for ripping off the business users. I have downloaded the Gmail app, works fine. Thanks again lads, nice forum!

Advertisement