Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking Direct Problem

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

:(
    From Bargain Alerts last August 06 i purchased a leather office chair from Viking Direct.

They only supply to companys/businesses so i gave them my details and a pretend business name as you have to set up an account with them.

The seat is faulty and two weeks ago the leather all split on the stitching despite the chair hardly getting any use. I called the company and they immediately sent me out a replacement and today the courier came back for the old chair as i had to disasemble it and pack it in the new chair box.

Today a bill came to me from Viking Direct for the replacement chair. I called them and they sai di have to pay the bill, when they receive the old chair my account will be credited with the value of old chair.

This seems very unfair to me as this means i will have to shop from them again in order to use this credit i will gain, to make things even worse the new chair has a big ugly scar all over a portion of the leather :(

Any advise greatly appreciated :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under consumer law you are entitle to a replacement, refund or repair.

You should not have to pay any money again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

after about a week they will credit your account and it will be 0. dont pay it anyway they usually dont look for the money till the end of the month so your balance should be clear by then. they say they credit your account after they get the chair back but it usually takes about two weeks for this to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Yeah - you are entitled to a replacement or refund (even though you bought under false pretences).

I've bought 3 of those chairs (sitting in one now). Never had any problem with wear and tear except for the pneumatic height adjustment - the cylinder seems to leak a bit of gas over the years, until height adjustment stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

consumer law doesnt apply to business to business b2b -you pretented to be a company so you have to live with the terms and conditions of sale including there returns policy -it is common practice for companys who only sell to "trade" and not to consumers or private individuals

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

After various run-ins with Viking over the years, I refuse to deal with them anymore. Their customer service isn't too hot and they're a ruthless bunch to deal with when there's a problem. I've found that, for the most part, they're quite expensive in comparison with local suppliers. Part of the US Home Depot empire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I bought a computer desk and executive chair off them last year.

Ordered on a Friday, they told me the stuff would be delivered on Monday afternoon, which I found surprising.

Took Monday afternoon off, they didn't show up. Rang on Tuesday, they told me the stuff wouldn't be ready until the following week. Then they rang me back to say the chair had been delivered - it was ready first, as it was "stationery" (?). Went home and found they'd dropped it over the side gate - and it was raining. This despite their claim that they deliver nothing without a signature.

They eventually agreed to come out and deliver and set up the desk on a Saturday morning, which was helpful, but all the messing around put me off buying off them again.

Don't remember having to pretend to be a company though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

did they credit your account yet or did you pay?

Advertisement