Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG-Bleedin'-Vs

Options
  • 22-01-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to say take it easy out there. I saw a guy lying on the ground at the top of Eglington Rd after having been hit by a whopping great petrol truck. He looked pretty torn up, alive though. People were already calling the ambulances by the time I got there.
    His bike was completely mangled neath the wheels of the beast.
    A few hours later on my way home the whole damned road was closed off...

Of course, the truck was turning left.

So watch out for those ****ers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

fish-head wrote: »
    Just wanted to say take it easy out there. I saw a guy lying on the ground at the top of Eglington Rd after having been hit by a whopping great petrol truck. He looked pretty torn up, alive though. People were already calling the ambulances by the time I got there.
    His bike was completely mangled neath the wheels of the beast.
    A few hours later on my way home the whole damned road was closed off...

Of course, the truck was turning left.

So watch out for those ****ers!

ouch!!!
    hope he got away with it, but its common sense,never pass anything which is indicating to turn left, he could have gotten himself killed for somthing stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah, always give HGV's loads of space irrespective of you being in the right/wrong. Primary killers of cyclists. Whenever I see one, I always stick on the inside back at the left wheel where they can see me, or overtake on the outside.

Never on the inside.. A woman in England recently was crushed as she went up the inside between railings and a truck. Crushed up against the railings, horrible.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I hate these things.The amount of close calls I've had is unbelievable.The worst are the quarry trucks.Time is money to them.They're all around Dublin aswell.I was cycling from Slade Valley to Three Rock before over the back of Hellfire,plenty of quarries along the way.The things give you hardly any room.I was driven into the ditch twice.Later on I came accross one guy driving on the completely wrong side of the road coming around a corner.He had to swerve quickly to avoid me.It took me a while to get my confidence on the bike back again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

I was on my way out to howth the other day, and i was drawing level with a bus coming the opposite way ( i was on the rightside of the road ), no problem with the bus, but the HGV that decided to overtake me while I drew level with the bus, I had a problem with him! Bloody idiot nearly made me road kill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement