Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more than just a great derby win

Options
  • 22-01-2008 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

what a great night to be a spurs fan but not just because we beat our greatest rivals but also the manner of the win.
    of course it's no surprise that we yet again bagged a load of goals (that's now 53 in 18 home games) but the spirit of the team performance was absolutely brilliant.
    the sight of jenas tracking back making several important tackles in front of the defence was great to see
    also the fact that the defence restricted arsenal to shots outside - brilliant
    when we beat man u on sunday we'll have beaten the top 2 team in the premiership

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can someone post up if they find highlights ont he web?
    I was on the train going to work during the match and was getting updates from an arsenal mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

EVERYONE gave 100%.

Brilliant to see such passion commitment and organisation especially in defence.

Have to admit didn't think Tainio would cut it in the centre, was cursing his inclusion ahead of O'Hara but shout out to him, Lennon and Dawson who all showed utter commitment to the cause, the sort that's been lacking from Tottenham teams in recent years. Daws is a different beast next to King Led. Lennons back to his best. Great result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

EVERYONE gave 100%.

Brilliant to see such passion commitment and organisation especially in defence.

Have to admit didn't think Tainio would cut it in the centre, was cursing his inclusion ahead of O'Hara but shout out to him, Lennon and Dawson who all showed utter commitment to the cause, the sort that's been lacking from Tottenham teams in recent years. Daws is a different beast next to King Led. Lennons back to his best. Great result.
    Great description of a brilliant night.
    We were even able to take off Keano and Berba and give them a rest.
    Those two remind of a time when I was a kid watching Greaves and Gilzean, they are a carbon copy of each other.
    Everyone was suberb. Jenas's best game by far.

Super Spurs.

"Wembly Wembly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

rocky25 wrote: »
    Great description of a brilliant night.
    We were even able to take off Keano and Berba and give them a rest.
    Those two remind of a time when I was a kid watching Greaves and Gilzean, they are a carbon copy of each other.
    Everyone was suberb. Jenas's best game by far.

Super Spurs.

"Wembly Wembly"
    jesus i saw chivers and gilzean play,now thats old.would have loved to have seen greavsie.tannio was superb.jenas, was great its a pity he didnt do it for martin jol.jj,defoe and berbatov shoulder the blame for jol going.why is it they can do it now,disgraceful.anyway lets enjoy our moment.the fans were brillant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Man im ****ing hammered. Such a great game. F*ck yeah. Demon slayed. Bring on United, and ****ing Chelsea or everton. **** I was drunk before Jenas scored lol. So class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great great great win. I have not seen us play like that for years! Our passing was solid and direct and we defended as a unit! Each player worked hard last night and I have to say I felt like the proudest fan on earth, so I can only imagine what the fans in the stadium felt! It was great to see Wengers interview afterward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like gus said, it was a perfect day!

Have to say that Cerny certainly looks confident in goal, however my only bad note of the match was... Boateng. He was showboating last night, playin stupid little tricks. I dont see any benefit in it and I dont want to see it no matter what the score is! However take nothin away from the match it was tremendous! Bring on Wembley and bring on United this weekend!If we can produce something near to that performance again I can see bright days ahead!

From a tired, emotional and very very proud spur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

In all my years supporting spurs i've never been more proud. That was the most sensational game I have ever witnessed. I would have given my mother, my wife, my dog, my son and my xbox360 to have been at that game last night ............ well on second thought maybe not my xbox.

I cant fault anyone at all. They were a Well oiled goal scoring machine

BRING ON THE REDS!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

jesus i saw chivers and gilzean play,now thats old.would have loved to have seen greavsie.tannio was superb.jenas, was great its a pity he didnt do it for martin jol.jj,defoe and berbatov shoulder the blame for jol going.why is it they can do it now,disgraceful.anyway lets enjoy our moment.the fans were brillant.

Hi Gerry,

When I was a nipper I went to visit my Uncle in London.
    He had tickets for the 67 Cup Final, so we went and had a great time beating Chelski.

I was a member of the Spurs Suporters Club Dublin, when it first started in the early 70s. We used to meet in the back room in a pub in Talbot Street called The Theatre Bar and our first ever trip was the 2nd leg of the uefa Cup final, when we tamed those rabid Wolves.

Great to see the Great Support we have here.

Cheers All,

Rocky Oldspur

Advertisement