Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

backing tracks - music practical

Options
  • 22-01-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

hey ppl does anyone know where to get some good backing tracks?

I gotta sing for my practical but having a real problem getting a backing track or accompaniment to a song i like / or can sing. i wish i had prepared sooner!!

:eek:

cheers peoples!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hi OP , buying backing tracks can be a bit expensive to buy in the major record stores .You could look on google or you could try downloading kareokee tracks from the net .

Intrestingly enough a few years aog I bought the 4 cd box set of the Beach Boys Pet Sounds and it had sevearl different versions of the original backing tracks of songs like wouldent it be nice ? sloop J B , god only knows ,caroline know etc ,so with the help of a stack system , i made up (just for fun ) my own versions on cassette .:)

Good luck in your search .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭playdead

yeah i had a look on google for downloads but to be honest not a great selection. i may have to get one made but that involves EFFORT lol :D

im sure i will get something sorted out

thanks

I remember being quoted somthing like 50 quid for 8 backing tracks .I wasn't that desperste to make a record :) You could get a quote from one of those commercial recording studios that charge you for recording a track .Ya know that ones that people are giving as birthday/christmas presents .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭playdead

hmm yeah well 50euro aint too bad but i would rather hear a preview before i hand over my cash, i dont wanna pay and end up with a load of rubbish. i suppose i just gotta do without then. ha or just get my music teacher to find me some musicians.

Actually it was £50 not euros .I was expecting a 100 backing tracks for that price :)

Like you would only be intresting ones i would use .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

hey , i have the same issue.

I started making an actual backing track at a friends house, i was lucky they had really state of the art equipment but it took bloody ages. And then i found out the song wouldnt fit under the category in which i am playing...so i had to drop it and pick another song.
    Its getting pretty close too, hate to say it. I am in the same boat as you but the best advice i would give you is to get musicians to accompany you. It's what im doing! What songs are you hoping to sing?
    to be honest i am kind of getting freaked out too.. and my music teacher is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

try youtube! a few of my friends found karaoke versions or like just good backing tracks of the songs they were doin on there. i recorded them onto my mp3 with a line in and burned them onto a cd and they were set! some really good ones on there actally, good quality like! either that or just find someone who can bash out a half decent accompaniment on the piano!

but yeah if ya find the songs you're lookin for see if anyone has an mp3 that records or whatever! (if all else fails pm me and i'll do it for ya and email them on!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

fonpokno wrote: »
    youtube
    karaoke versions
    mp3
    line in
    good quality like!
    Does not compute.

Then again, would music examiners take marks off for low quality backing tracks?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Could you not get a friend to accompany you?and that way it could be both of your practicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

ive a few backin tracks that might be alright. What songs ya doin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement