Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia voice dialling, voice tag, how?

• 22-01-2008 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Ho do you dial a number using voice on a Nokia phone?

I have a Nokia something, can't find the actual number now, it's a couple of years old, one of the basic ones, non flip.

I have added a Voice Tag to a contact and I supposed all I would have to do is speak the same word into the phone and the number would be dialled, is this correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

From memory try - Hold down the menu button, the phone should beep and the screen will say Speak Now or something. then Speak and it should dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

You're nearly correct thanks, it's actually the top right hand button, the one to the right of the menu button.
    You need to hold the button down for a couple of seconds, it times out after a couple of seconds too.

This creates a bit of a problem,I think, I've just bought a Motorala Bluetooth car kit, I though I could dial numbers through it by just using the Voice dialing through the car kits mic but now if the phone actually requires me to select a button on the phone first it defeats the purpose.

Anyone know more about aa workaround for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

You could be right, I'll have a look at the bluetooth carkits manual, it's the Motorola T305 Bluetooth Speaker (the one that clips onto the sun visor) from O2 by the way in case anyone has any more tips.

So you might setup the voice tags on the phone, hit the button on the bluetooth device speaker and shout out your voice tag, maybe.

Just tried it out it works, it's da beez kneez :p
    Thanks for the pointer Solitaryman666.

In brief for a Nokia 6300 (I think) and a Motorola T305 Bluetooth Speaker:

1. So you add the Voice Tags to your phone from the contacts menu in the usual manner. Select your contact, select options , select Add Voice Tag, and record your cupla focal.
    2. If using with the nokia hold down the top right button and when prompted speak the same cupla focal.
    3. Or if using the bluetooth in car kit, hit the flashing button on the bluetooth car kit, wait for the beep and speak the same cupla focal.

bingo bango.

• Advertisement
Advertisement