Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield campus horrible???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

And to those who had no option to go to anywhere but UCD because the 'glorious Trinity' doesn't offer their course you say???

And I think it's more a discussion of the commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

My happiest memories in the last 5 years stem from that place. Hallowed ****ing ground man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

coverband wrote: »
    Oh my God they were designed to prevent riots in the 70's so you couldn't get momentum goin on the march. Isn't that fvcked up/Soul destroying!!!?
    Urban Legend.

Sangre wrote: »
    Urban Legend.

It has to be...because there a plenty of places you could generate grief.

Probably whipped up by the Libbos in the JHN building.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

whats with the Anti-Arts comments in all your threads mate? Its starting to annoy me

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    whats with the Anti-Arts comments in all your threads mate? Its starting to annoy me

Bro....have you ever been to the jacks in the Library building?

See the toilet roll??

See the comments over the toilet roll dispenser? "Arts Degree, Please Take One"???

COme on....its standard fare. Slagging Arts. Dogs chase cats, non-Arts slag Arts.

I'll stop if you really want.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Once is funny. Almost every post just gets a little irritating especially as its been done to death at this stage. Also if you do everything you read on the back of a toilet door both "your ma" and "free blowjobs call 086055..." must love you.

Now that im hear I may throw in my two cents. The wholesale destruction of the gorse that grew wild around UCD is a welcome beautifucation of the place.

Once is funny. Almost every post just gets a little irritating especially as its been done to death at this stage. Also if you do everything you read on the back of a toilet door both "your ma" and "free blowjobs call 086055..." must love you.

Now that im hear I may throw in my two cents. The wholesale destruction of the gorse that grew wild around UCD is a welcome beautifucation of the place.

No problem.

What Gorse??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Well we can play also. Anybody who does not study arts is a soulless nerd, especially science heads.

Well we can play also. Anybody who does not study arts is a soulless nerd, especially science heads.

Ag Science- the Warthogs of Student life. They are like Meercats or Hyenas. You can see them coming, pack animals, replete with the regalia of Ags....folders, loud cheap denim, unkepmt, bespectacled...weighed down by bags and rucksacks of gear....seemingly over the moon about everything.

PS I did Law.

Let the mocking begin.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

IT Loser wrote: »
    Ag Science- the Warthogs of Student life. ... seemingly over the moon about everything.
    In other words... having fun? I wouldn't mind some of that... :p

What I'm seeing this semester is several of my lecturers getting annoyed because of the facilities: A/V gear not working, badly-designed, or badly-maintained. Like, why must the projection screens go all the way down, covering the blackboards, or all the way up - no in-between?

One lecturer was given a wireless pack with a nearly flat battery, so he sounded like Marilyn Manson for ten minutes, before it died completely. At the risk of stating the bloody obvious: we go to lectures to listen to lectures, and anything that distracts from that is a Bad Thing. That includes students talking in lectures - folks, either shut up or get out, OK? :mad:

stereoroid wrote: »
    In other words... having fun? I wouldn't mind some of that... :p

What I'm seeing this semester is several of my lecturers getting annoyed because of the facilities: A/V gear not working, badly-designed, or badly-maintained. Like, why must the projection screens go all the way down, covering the blackboards, or all the way up - no in-between?

One lecturer was given a wireless pack with a nearly flat battery, so he sounded like Marilyn Manson for ten minutes, before it died completely. At the risk of stating the bloody obvious: we go to lectures to listen to lectures, and anything that distracts from that is a Bad Thing. That includes students talking in lectures - folks, either shut up or get out, OK? :mad:

During one of my lectures there were two little dames sitting right in front of us babbling and babbling and eventually the lecturer just span on his heel and ROARED at them. Proper order.

PS I used to know one of the guys who was in charge of all that equipment, he used to sit down and watch DVD's, when he should have been setting it up, total mup****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

During one of my lectures there were two little dames sitting right in front of us babbling and babbling and eventually the lecturer just span on his heel and ROARED at them. Proper order.

Many a time have I wished for lecturers to do this. I hate people (to be honest, usually women) who can't whisper and just talk through lectures, louder than the lecturer with the microphone. Call me a nerd, but it really annoys me.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Many a time have I wished for lecturers to do this. I hate people (to be honest, usually women) who can't whisper and just talk through lectures, louder than the lecturer with the microphone. Call me a nerd, but it really annoys me.

Yes....it usually is wimmins. And they are usually talking utter bollix about utter bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

ashyle wrote: »
    ^^You clearly never have to wait for a 17. Have waited for nearly half an hour a few times. It's so infuriating having to stand there trying not to strangle yourself as 5 no. 10's pass every minute.

Half an hour?

That's nothing. When it's later and they only come every hour, and one doesn't come, 2 hours of waiting. mmm

Yes....it usually is wimmins. And they are usually talking utter bollix about utter bollix.

Generalisation - I found in most of my lectures that it was the guys who were worse - and I'm in a class where the guys are seriously outnumbered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Generalisation - I found in most of my lectures that it was the guys who were worse - and I'm in a class where the guys are seriously outnumbered.

Oh yeah, it is a generalisation, I just mean usually, in my classes, it is women who are whispering. Though in one of my classes there's a couple of guys with really deep voices who are incapable of whispering, so there's just a steady low hum throughout the class. Also very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

May I ask which lecture this was in? Wasn't introduction to financial accounting was it?

May I ask which lecture this was in? Wasn't introduction to financial accounting was it?

No...it was Labour Law up in Roebuck.

I understand the guy who does Fin Acc is fond of asking people to get their gear and get out.

Maybe thats why the guys standout with their babbling. When I was in BCL, some of the BBLS guys doing the banking law would mumble away but it was fairly inoffensive stuff, girls try to whisper and as anyone will tell ya, a whisper is more audible than a murmer. Plus girls are so blase about.....fellas try and sneak in the odd statement while taking their notes. Birds will yak and yak.

• Advertisement

Prof Bannigan does the same in Anatomy and fair play to them. Nothing more annoying than you trying to concentrate and someone talking in front of you and you can't hear a word.

Prof Bannigan does the same in Anatomy and fair play to them. Nothing more annoying than you trying to concentrate and someone talking in front of you and you can't hear a word.

Who was the crazy old git with the back problems that lectured over in Science? He used to sit there and basically defame half the population of the world at every opportunity. You might know him but the guy was unstoppable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Sorry - didn't mean to send this thread off-topic! I think part of the problem is that some of the 1Y material is revision - so you have people who know that bit (from Leaving Cert.) thinking everyone knows that bit. However, not everyone got to UCD via that direct route, and some of use need the revision... :o

Anyway, I was just thinking I wouldn't like to be a lecturer, having to put up with those flaky facilities, as well as the likes of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I love it.

I love to walk from the arts block to the 46A bus stop via O'Reilly hall. I love the wall outside the arts block with it's shelter for smokers. I love the arts block courtyard when it's not raining. I love the pit on sunny days with a pack of fags and a G&T. I love the forest walks around the perimeter. I love sitting on the grass outside O'Reilly Hall looking over the lake. I love the terrifying massivness of theatre L and the buzz of noise that it produces right before 1st English or whatever. I love Elements and am realistic enough ot be aware that it is not that exprensive compared with prices in the rest of Dubin (they way people complain about the price of a sandwich in UCD you'd swear they'd never bought a sandwich before, stuff's expensive, it's the economy, never fear a recession looms large on the horizon). I love the fifth floor of the arts block, two couches and free tea once a week. I love the masonic symbols in Richview. I love the Belfield fm studio. I've even grown to quite like the library.

Very poetic, like it!:)
    I love sitting outside theatre l and listening to the people buzzing around!! Good times..

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

I didn't know there was a 5th floor to the arts block. I'll find it if there is free tea though.

Advertisement