Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining the PDF

• 22-01-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

alrite lads im going in for my first week in the PDF and was tld to pack for a week was just wondering can anyone give me advice on what to pack.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Running runners and runners. Shorts tshirts(for pt plain black or white), tracksuits hoodies set of jean shoes and a nice t or shirt. FLIP FLOPS(Hygiene) full wash kit towels , not white ones!! A book or two some magazines( if they are questionable HIDE EM) enough jocks and socks for two weeks. and a sense of humour!! you will need it!! lol any other creature comforts you may need yourself, and leave your dignity at home you will understand when your issued your BLUE tracksuit!! it will show the men from the boys:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 grunt2010

Cheers mate, few things der i wudn of tot of. when im goin to report to the barrack should i wear a tracksuit or jeans an t-shirt. When are you issued your uniform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

doesnt particularly matter but id go with a tracksuit, you probably wont get your uniform for a week or 2

Tracksuit be comfortable, like kingstew said you wont get the uniform till the first two weeks is up and they will give you a lovely tracksuit to wear in the mean time lmao!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

haha yes i hope baby blue is your colour! the trousers are very flattering by the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 grunt2010

I'm looking foward to going but not looking foward to this blue tracksuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

do the tracksuits not have zips? :p

the top does, for the love of god i hope they never have a zip on the bottoms, things being so close stuff could get caught:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

haha spandex i do believe theyre known as.. very flattering, particularly on icy mornings:D

Advertisement