Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to open Velux Roof windows

Options
  • 23-01-2008 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I had five velux windows fitted into a pitched roof during the building of an extendion. These were proposed by the Architect. Since the early days it's been impossible to open two of the windows and the other three will only open freely during warm summer months. The windows were installed in 2005.

Could this be due to the roof timbers twisting or warping the velux or is it something less sinister ?

I'm thinking of getting a velux technitian to look at them but any insights would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 roofer

hay
    the velux window should open easily. it could be that they were too tightly fitted, but unlikely to make it impossible to open. i would call velux:D

Advertisement