Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! Architecture at DIT .. is it HARD to get in?

Options
  • 23-01-2008 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hay... i just wanted to know that is it hard to get in to architecture course at DIT?.. how many points are required for leaving cert.... i don't think that i'd get more than 420/430 points in my leaving..... would they be good enough??????

thankiezzzzzz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Did you not just ask that in the other thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I think the points are quite high. Have you thought about getting a degree in architectural technology & then doing further study to become an architect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cmb

are u doing your leaving this year? if u are you would want 2 get ur skateson. for architecture DIT u need to do a suitability test in easter and if you do good in enough in that you get called for an interview. for the intervew they recommend you bring a portfolio. the advantages of these are that you can earn 100 points in test and interview each.
    If u are serious about doing the course i recommend calling them. From what i've heard DIT is the best place 2 do Arch in Ireland.
    Im in 6th year, i've got arch DIT as my no.1 on CAO and i'm doing a portfolio but i'm not really sure about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Its hard to get in because of the test and interview. These processes make entry more personal. In this way, the school is trying to make sure you are a suitable candidate for the course instead of some nerd who has no interest or aptitude for the profession, but will choose the course just because it has a high status. UCD is pure leaving cert points.

The school does the test and interview in the best interest of the student. This is because it is a bloody hard course and career. It is easy to let your head get below water and find yourself really struggling with it a few years in.

Its really a career that you should have a passion for as you will need it to pull you through colege. If you are only doing it for some letters after your name and a bit of status, you will find it hard. There are ALOT easier ways to make good money.

Hope i dont put you off. Just giving you the advice I wish I had had!!

Good luck with it!! :D

Advertisement