Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any predictions for questions for leaving cert CHEMISTRY exam?!!!.. !

Options
  • 23-01-2008 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hii.. any predictions for leaving cert chemistry questions or other subjects?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have the papers even been written this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

they probably are, i write my mock exams a year in advance, to allow time for proof reading, changes etc, so the real ones are probably done by now.

anyway to the OP

Question 1 is always a titration, Q2 is always Organic Chemistry and Q3 is any of the remaining experiments.

Get out your exam papers. Make a list of all the titrations from 02 - 07, compare it to the list in the inside cover of Chemistry Live and see what Titration hasn't come up recently, those ones are the most likely. Whatever was on last year won't be on this year. Do the same for O.Chem.

There are a list of 30 experiments. No 21-28 are organic from what I remember. The Titrations are the ones from the Acid-Base, Oxidation-Reduction and Water chapters.

The remainder are the ones that can come up in Q3.

It's not rocket science. In the second section of the paper, Q5 is always on theory of the periodic table, bonding etc approx ch2-7 from the book.

Q 6 and 7 are normally organic chemistry

Q11c is the option from the workbook/case study

And there is always a question on chemical equilibrium thrown in somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

hay... thanks for the help!!

Advertisement