Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Kinder Egg Quest

• 23-01-2008 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently engaged in a quest to collect the current series of alien kinder egg toys.

They're pretty funky... they're little aliens who were human masks. You can also collect little space ship cars for them to drive around in.

So far I have this guy with a car:

kinder1.jpgkinder2.jpg

And this guy:
    kinder3.jpgkinder4.jpg

I've bought 10 eggs today... and that's 3 items out of 8 I have.

I wonder how long it will take to get them all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

So that's what happened to the Kinder Egg I bought for the ladies lounge beers! I am interested in your quest. I must buy one at lunch time today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think Windsock has it still.

I'll have to get it next time I see her.

But in the mean time I can try and get it myself. I think that one was the one with the green, hair was it?

I just noticed there are actually 5 aliens and 5 spaceships to get. 2 girls, 2 guys and a weird little fella with a purple helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think that one was the one with the green, hair was it?
    Thank you for logging in BossArky.

bleh... was typing while I was on the phone...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jaysus, Kinder Eggs are so expensive, I wouldn't have the money for a venture like that! They're, what, about €1 each? I bet you they'll release them in phases too, so it'll take you months to get them all.

Good luck though! Keep us updated.

• Advertisement

I think 4 eggs cost me €3.60 in the little corner shop..

God... it's it tiny little shop that isn't very busy... they're going to think I'm insane or possible stocking up on sweets to lure children into my lair.

You can buy three packs in the supermarket. That be more cost effective and exciting..!

I'm sure windsock will get the green alien to you at the next beers!

Well I'm off to buy another handful now.

Wish me luck!

So, what did you get?

I bought 7 eggs. I opened 5 and got another car from one of them.

kinders.jpg

I'll open the other two later... all this kinder chocolate is making me feel ill again at the moment.

• Advertisement

Well nothing of use in the other two. Most of the toys are pretty crappy... But these three are kind of neat.. there are two sort of oddly contorted dragons with strange signs and a ghost with a 6 sided die inside his belly.

kinders2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

weird little fella with a purple helmet.

Purple..... helmet. heh. hehe. hehehehe. hehehehehehehe. Also, I want kinder eggs now. :(

ARgh... I got the blue guy again today... If anyone wants to do swapsies then let me know.

I also have two of these strange dust bin figures which don't seem to assemble properly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not great pics but .....

TT049.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

I hate to say it, but I never managed to complete a Kinder egg collection. They normally release a new toy before you've actually got all the current ones, thus luring you into a dark egg shaped world of fanatical collectorship. Before you know it, you'll be surrounded by plastic aliens, singing trees, racing cars, spaceships, boats and so on and so on. You will soon be working only to feed your egg habit. The darkest part is that if you go online and enter your secret code to find out the next part of the story, subliminal message are beamed into your head that confirm to you the utter importance of collecting every single toy available.....

And in the meantime, the good people of Kinder are letting out a "Mwoohahahaha" that sends a shiver down the spine of everyone in Luxembourg.

You're on a dark path Mr Monkeyfudge, I advise you to leave at your next possible availability before you join the legions of those who have gone before you and now work in the underground plastic egg factory. Its a dark place, a chocolatey place, and a place with no shortage of small plastic toys that are not suitable for children under 3.

But I plan to use the internet to my advantage.

I'm sure 6th will part with the purple guy if I apply the correct amount of persuasion.

Also Windsock is due to give me the Green one. Through the power of boards I will complete the collection...

UPDATE: Bought 4 eggs today and 2 eggs last night... Didn't get any of them... boo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its Yours Monkeyfudge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

6th wrote: »
    Not great pics but .....

TT049.jpg

I have this guy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

HOw many is there to collect???

5 different aliens and 5 different cars.

I've had a bad dose of food poisoning so I haven't been able to consume any kinder eggs for a few days... So the quest has slowed down a bit.

• Advertisement

I bought two yeterday but didn't get any aliens. I got a dragon that lights up when you press down on him and a little car. Most disappointing!

I think the drop rate is about 1 in 6.

I think the drop rate is about 1 in 6.

Those are tough odds! No wonder you're up to your tits in Kinder chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I used to collect Kinder eggs (well, the toys inside them) when I were a lad. Had over a hundred of them at one stage I think. Used to keep them in an old Twix box decorated with Garbage Pale Kids.
    I've had a bad dose of food poisoning so I haven't been able to consume any kinder eggs for a few days... So the quest has slowed down a bit.

You realise you can crack open the eggs and save the chocolate for later, right?

PM me for instructions.

It's the hard shiny orange chocolate on the inside that makes my tummy hurt. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

Beginning a tale involving chocolate eggs, hard yellow plastic and aliens that wear human masks and drive around in funky little cars without telling us how it ends is not fair.
    I need closure on this story.

Ha.. it's still ongoing.

I've gotten the girl with the green hair twice and the space ship with the pink wings.

Photos when I get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Damn you Monkeyfudge, I'm going to have to go to the shop now to buy myself a kinder egg..

Oh.. here's a poor quality photo of the green haired girl:

kindergirl.jpg

I'll take a good quality group photo on Monday.

• Advertisement

This what a corner of my office is looking like right now:

kinderland.jpg

Eh... I made the Hitcher from the Mighty Boosh myself last night.

Advertisement