Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worth My While?

• 23-01-2008 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just got a PS3....exceptional btw,

Anyway, jus wondering if its worth getting an Xbox 360, arcade version....since i have some spare money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I personally wouldn't bother, unless there's some 360 exclusives you really want to play. If you're looking to blow some spare cash on a console then I'd get a wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Go Pro. Not much more expensive, plus you get a harddrive, wireless joypad and component cables. Well worth it for the (IMHO) far better library of games (thus far)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

was a PS fanboy since they first came out, got a 360 not too long ago trust me it's worth your while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

well the turning point for my ps3 purchase was MGS which will be exclusive, but i want the halo and gears of war experience!

so far as i know, the arcade version doesnt have a hardrive but does have wireless controllers and 256m....can you buy a hardrive seperate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you can buy the HDs seperate but i think they are about the €90 mark (though am well open to correction on that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

pfft COD4 is where its at now you dont want GOW lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

should have just got a 360 and not bothered with ps3, mine just collects dust under the telly theres nothing on it worth buying. Anyhow get a pro 360 the hard drive is nice for downloading demos as well as movies if your into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

IMHO, the PS3 and Xbox 360 offer too similar an experience to be bothered getting both. I choose to get the 360 because I liked the look of its exclusive titles and saw that cross platform developers were, at the time, getting better results on the 360.

The reason to get a particular format is for the games you want to play. Will the PS3 be able to provide acceptable alternatives to the games you want to play on the 360 within an acceptable time frame? Check what's coming out - Resistance 2 has a lot of positive buzz about it and might be a surprising alternative to the 360's FPSs.

For a different experience, a PC or a Wii would be worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've got both a PS3 and a 360 and I love having both consoles, its great.

Is it worth your while getting a 360? Yes it is.

Is it worth your while getting the arcade version of the 360? No. Get a pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i have both too, but did not get the 360 myself . check the release dates of any ps3 game you want . you may get a 360 play it love it and stop as soon a ps3 game you want comes out, and not touch the 360 for years .

any way check dates and see if it's a waste of time getting a 360 now as the price will always be lower later, if you realy want one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I got a PS3 last year and a 360 Elite yesterday. There are a few exclusives to each so it'll be nice to have both. However, at the moment there is a much bigger library of games on the Xbox than the PS3, so there's more choice and a lot more 2nd hand games, so it might not cost so much to be buying games.

I'd recommend getting both if you have the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If you're getting an Xbox, the arcade is not worth it. You'll just find yourself forking out for a hard-drive down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was in a similiar situation to the OP a couple of months ago.In the end i splashed out on a 360 pro to go with my ps3 60gb.Have hardly played the ps3 since.Now when i go in to a game's shop, i find myself going to the 360 section and hardly bothering even to look at the ps3 games.It just seems that 360 games are a lot cheaper, especially pre-owned games.I mean HI-DEF games from only 8 euro???Whats more, theres a hell of a lot more of them to choose from.One of the main reasons i got a ps3 in the first place was bcos i taught that GT4 was going to be way better for PS3. Now i hear that there are going to be exclusive downloards on the 360 version!!!!I mean i only have 2 games for ps3 whereas i have about 6 for 360 and i only have the 360 a month and a half.The only ps3 game i'm deffo gettin this year is GT5.OP, get the 360 premium but if you do the ps3 will never get a 2nd look.

Advertisement