Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT question??

Options
  • 23-01-2008 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi all, my cars NCT has been out since january 07. probably wont be able to afford to get the car serviced for another good few months so the thing is; they say that you have to have an NCT done every 2 yrs so was wondering what happens if i dont get my NCT done in about november/december this year?? will i have to get another NCT done in January 09 or?

al replies welcome cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

yes it will be due again in jan 09
    then jan 11
    then jan 13

the nct due date does not change no matter when you take the test

but you say about taking it in novembe/december
    it is possible to take the test up to 3 months early, so if you did it in november this would be within 3 months early for the 09 test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

w

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its aways due on the cars birthday, a friend of mine got an NCT done once and it only lasted 5months., its a bit silly really.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

What if the NCT is out by over two years?

Say it expired in Dec 05, and you did it this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cionád wrote: »
    What if the NCT is out by over two years?

Say it expired in Dec 05, and you did it this month?
    Then it would be valid to December 09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

green123 wrote: »
    it is possible to take the test up to 3 months early, so if you did it in november this would be within 3 months early for the 09 test
    I've my driving test in a few weeks, and my instructor told me to get the car NCT'd. My NCT is good until July. Also wanted to get it done because I could be selling it soon.

The fact that there is still 6 months to go on my current NCT, will I get refused if I apply for a test so soon (in relation to this 3 month period you speak about)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

as far as i know you can only do it 3 months early
    it is possible to do it up to 6 months early for the cars very first nct, but not on the subsequent ncts
    unless things have changed recently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Fizman wrote: »
    I've my driving test in a few weeks, and my instructor told me to get the car NCT'd. My NCT is good until July. Also wanted to get it done because I could be selling it soon.

The fact that there is still 6 months to go on my current NCT, will I get refused if I apply for a test so soon (in relation to this 3 month period you speak about)?

i'd say he just made a mistake, if its 6 months to go till it expires, then you cant get it done now.
    If your thinking of selling, it would be best to wait for 3 months and get a new NCT then, it will make it easier to sell and will increase value.

Advertisement