Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Reccomendation (PC)

Options
  • 23-01-2008 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

I'm getting old, and I thought I'd already posted this.

Obviously not?

Anyway. I just got over COD4. So, so, so tragic

Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions (other than Crysis)?

Danke

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bioshock, World in Conflict, Pro Evo 08, Lord of the Rings online, Warcraft, Crysis (sorry), Orange Box, Unreal Tournament 3, Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes.

Any of the above are great games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I thought 'medal of honour airborne' was useful - some good weapons (when you customise them) also some good sprawling levels even if they are historically innacurate. Its also surprisingly tough when playing on hard mode. Heard good things about bioshock but havent played that yet. Also crysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

orange box
    bioshock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Orange Box
    Gears of War
    World of Warcraft will eat into your time something shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Gears of war definitely, one of the best games I have ever played...

Stalker is very good too....

Im playing Company Of Heroes at the minute, not really a strategy fan but this one of the most enjoyable games I have played in years.....

If your a fan of console games Tomb raider Legend and Resident Evil 4 are great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just got the Bioshock metal edition the other day. Haven't got round to playing it yet. When it says "Internet Activation Required", does it download a patch like Half-Life 2? Cheers!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    If your a fan of console games Tomb raider Legend and Resident Evil 4 are great

Just finished Resident Evil 4 today. Great game, although there is NO MOUSE SUPPORT :rolleyes: luckily I play most of my 3rd person PC games with an Xbox 360 controller which works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up the Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Boxset last week and it's brilliant. It has the original The Longest Journey, the brilliant sequel Dreamfall, a soundtrack CD and an artbook. Got it as part of a 2 for €40 deal along with STALKER, but haven't even looked at STALKER yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I just got the Bioshock metal edition the other day. Haven't got round to playing it yet. When it says "Internet Activation Required", does it download a patch like Half-Life 2? Cheers!

Yeah, you need to be connected to the internet during the installation. Don't think you need to be connected every time you want to play the game though. (I could be wrong there)

Puzzle Quest seems to be adored by many, and is fairly cheap on Steam... ($21.72 including sales tax, so less than €15)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Depends what your into.

FPS
    Crysis
    Bioshock
    The Orange Box
    Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl

RTS
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
    World In Conflict
    Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
    Supreme Commander

3rd Person Shooter
    Resident Evil 4
    Gears of War

RPG
    The Witcher
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Multiplayer FPS
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Team Fortress 2 (Its in the Orange Box)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cheers. It seems the only benefit of "legitimate" games is slowly disappearing. 3 hours to set up half life 2 is just pathetic.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Does Gears of War require a joystick/controller? That's a bit thick that Resident Evil 4 doesn't support the mouse fs. I was eyeing that. How's Prey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Does Gears of War require a joystick/controller? That's a bit thick that Resident Evil 4 doesn't support the mouse fs. I was eyeing that. How's Prey?

GoW doesn't require a controller. I actually played through it using my keyboard and mouse as I found it easier to control. Also, afaik, there might be a user mod out there that allows mouse support for RE4, but why would you want it, you can't pan around in RE4 and aiming is fairly simple using a controller. RE4 is reason enough to invest in a controller for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I recently bought F.E.A.R & expansion packs, its an '05 game but a lot of people on boards recomended it, i havent played COD4 so i dont know how it would hold up against it

Heres a link where its £13.99

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/FEAR-F-E-A-R-First-Encounter-Assault-and-Reconnaissance-PC/VU95882/product.htm?sr=sa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I was enjoying Prey. Only got a few levels into it and Portal does the portal thing 100 times better but it was pretty decent if you can find it cheap.

Yeah Prey is a great game. Of all the games based on the Doom 3 engine, imo, Prey was the best. It really is a game that gets good in the last act so you need to stick out the mind bending anti-grav and portals to get to the great stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got freaked out playing Prey cause my then girlfriend said of the ghosts of kids that come chasing after you looked like her 7 year old daughter and that I was killing her every time I shot one.

I just couldn't play the game after that.

But it was a great game, very enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

You have a daughter that we can kill in Prey? :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Read it again... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Kharn wrote: »
    I got freaked out playing Prey cause my then girlfriend said of the ghosts of kids that come chasing after you looked like her 7 year old daughter and that I was killing her every time I shot one.

I just couldn't play the game after that.

But it was a great game, very enjoyable.

:o

Sorry!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The one game that has lastest the longest for me is Company of Heroes. Over a year in and even having bought other games, its the first game I play when I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

+1 for the Witcher. It's an amazing game, one of those I brought on a whim and have been totally justified in the purchase.

ben

Advertisement