Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 problems

Options
  • 23-01-2008 4:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here using Net1 wireless and having issues?

Its gone really slow for me lately, websites taking ages to load and loads of page cannot be displayed,,,, have to keep refreshing. Downloading torrents is painfull speeds of 1.2kb -3.5kb and not worth my while even trying.
    Pinging sites keeps timing out and 50% losses.

I got a letter from them ages ago about them giving me a new Ip address to use as part of their upgrade, but i never changed it on my router as i dont know how to and it has been going grand until the past 2 weeks. Could this be the problem?

Also when i hover the mouse over my wireless icon in my task tray it says "wireless connection belkin54G" and also "speed 54.0Mbps". Is this 54Mbps speed ok??? What should this be, should it always be 54?

Is there anything i can do to try get this sorted?
    Im not that good with computers.

116188991.png
    Are the results of that speedtest thing positive or dodgey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nuttzy wrote: »
    I got a letter fro mthem ages ago about them giving me a new Ip address to use as part of their upgrade, but i never changed it on m yrouter as i dont know how to and it has been going grand until the past 2 weeks. Could this be the problem?

Well, you've identified a possible issue, yet not acted on it. It is a case of changing it and seeing if it does make a difference, but make a note of what your existing static IP address is before you do so.

The 54mbps is not the speed of your Net1 connection, that is only the speed of the local connection between your router and your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Dear Nuttzy -
    We had a look at your segment and there is a very high level of usage at present (image attached)
    We will try to identify the abusers in your segment. Although your graph is giving a better reading to a test dsl line we have in the office here - we are not intent with merely providing a similar service and always strive to offer better. Allow us a couple of days to check this out and if you do not see an improvement contact our support dept on mailto:support@net1.ie

http://www.net1.ie/images/27063.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Hiya Net1, didnt know ye do be on here, thanks for the reply.
    My problem has gottena whole lot worse since yesterday, its basically unuseable. Just trying to reply to your post was torture, every website is timing out and needs to be refreshed multiple times to load. It has to be refreshed that much that it times out completely and i need to open a new window and try get to the website again.

Signing into Msn messenger takes about 10 attempts, thats how bad it is.

Outlook express keeps failing to retrieve emails and timing out too, it could be half way through dloading 3 of 8 emails and then it times out.

I tried to run another speedtest there, but it gets stuck on the upload and times out.

Its painfull, theres something seriously wrong, both my computers are experiencing the same issues.

Anyway, thanks for the reply, i see you said you need a couple days as you reckon you can sort it, so ill give it to over weekend and if no improvement comes about ill contact that support department you suggested via the email you gave me on Monday.

Hopefully ye will have it fixed by then though, and cheers once again for the reply and help.

Advertisement