Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turbomag Fuel Saver Device - Does It Work?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

i think if it was that easy and cost so little then these would be fitted as standard on all cars by the manufacturer
    so id say its a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

green123 wrote: »
    i think if it was that easy and cost so little then these would be fitted as standard on all cars by the manufacturer
    so id say its a scam

That's what I thought, but a guy wearing a tinfoil hat told me that the big oil companies snapped up the rights to them to protect their own interests. And anyway, if they prevent carbon deposits and save your catalytic convertor and O2 sensors, the car companies would be losing out on parts sales, so they wouldn't fit them either.

As soon as my magic beans arrive these are next on my shopping list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

This is SERIES X-T, meaning you get 6 magnet clamps, 2 yellow, 2 red and 2 green!

Well .. reading that statement .. its 6 magnets ?

You could buy magnets anywhere...

Oh .. Apparently the color makes a difference too .. perhaps Petrol doesn't like orange magnets.

Its along the lines of that car that runs on water, or pills that will make your penis much larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

craichoe wrote: »

Oh .. Apparently the color makes a difference too .. perhaps Petrol doesn't like orange magnets.

You have to put then in the correct order as well, it doesn't work otherwise. thats when they get you for another €20 to get the order combination:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

or pills that will make your penis much larger.

Actually, I have some magazines that do that.

Temporarily. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Orange magnets aren't liked by some petrol and diesel cars but this seems to only occur in Northern Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's got magnets people, MAGNETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!

How can it not work, magnets work for everything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Yes it has been discussed and no, they don't work. See:snake oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

A previous owner put something similar on my Capri!

They don't do any harm , but it still drinks petrol when I put my foot down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

Yea, scam is the first thing my mind came to when I saw this, but I thought I'd post this and find out what people conclude from the colours ;) in this device. Never thought this is related to a penis or the impact of orange(s) on its virility though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

You could buy magnets anywhere...

Its along the lines of that car that runs on water, or pills that will make your penis much larger.

Instead of taking the pills, you'd be better off hanging the magnets off it....

Didn't Mythbusters do an "analysis" once of all these "fuel saver" technologies?

AFAIR the result was.... none of them work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Efficient use of the engine and keeping it well serviced and not using energy devouring devices like airco too often saves a lot more juice than any of those yokes ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Warning: These magnets damage your credit card. YMMV. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

PROVEN ON MYTHBUSTERS

That these do not work... in fact I they tested alot of products of the like, and in fact none of them work... surprize or what??? NO !! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

maidhc wrote: »
    A previous owner put something similar on my Capri!

They don't do any harm , but it still drinks petrol when I put my foot down.

They did harm to the wallet of the person that paid for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nimble75

They work, you shower of closed minded cynics, anyone actually tried them?

I have had magnetic fuel savers on my cars for over 4 years now, and yes they do work, very well.

Why do you think that car manufacturers make cars to be fuel efficient when the opposite is actually true?

Historically, patents for fuel-saving devices invented by car manufacturers and inventors have been bought by oil companies so that the technology would never see the light of day.

It's rarely as simple as you think, dumbasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

^^^ :rolleyes:

I get 700km + from a tank on my Accord. Do I use a Fuel Saver?

Me Ar$e they work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

nimble75 wrote: »
    dumbasses.

digging up an ancient thread to call people "dumbasses" is definetly worthy of an infraction

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement